Musical Fidelity MC2 Speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Pipeline, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Pipeline

Pipeline

Hello All,
    This is my first post and I'm using it for info. I have a pair of Muscial Fidelity MC2 speakers that I got from friend a couple of years back as he had no room for them. I now need the room too and therefore need to sell them. The thing is I know nothing about them except that they sound fantastic. Can anyone point me in the direction of a spec I can use for an Ebay description please? I've searched ebay a couple of times and haven't seen any on there, does anyone have a ball park of what they're worth?

Many thanks for the help.

Geoff

Pipeline, Feb 23, 2009
  2. Pipeline

spica

From Hifi choice Nov 89 Directory,
    Review given in issue 66, voted a BB (best buy)

'this exceptionally clean and clear design offers real stability and finesse.Bass quality was light but exceptionally clear, the treble is smooth if slightly shallow'

Size: 48.5x25.5x16.5cm Placement: Open space with stands

Sensitivity: 87.5db/w Bass from: 65hz

and a previous link that may be of interest.

https://www.audio-forums.com/as-rediect/showthread.php?t=12684

Good Luck :)

spica, Feb 24, 2009
  3. Pipeline

Mr_Sukebe

Cost new for them was £300, and they're one of the most ugly speakers ever made. Having said that, nearly bought a pair (bought MC4s instead) and they really did sound good.
    I sold my MC4s (including stands) for all of £100 around 5 years ago.

Mr_Sukebe, Feb 24, 2009
  4. Pipeline

spica

I had both the Mc2 and Mc4, can't remember anything negative of the Mc2's or what amp i was using though apparently they didn't sing with the Cyrus 2, just not compatible. Gear was in and out a lot quicker then than now and within the space of not many weeks (amongst the circle of friends) the Mc4's had appeared , not wanting to miss the chance to try them, i traded in etc the Mc2s.... what i can remember of the Mc4's is all weighty dissatisfaction, i must had tried a few amps with them, but for certain remember one being an A400, which certainly didn't help as that's not an amp i got on with, feelings of nausea.. and made my tummy grumble.
    If a pair of Mc2's come abouts again.. will give them another listen :)

spica, Feb 24, 2009
  5. Pipeline

Pipeline

Hello All,
    Thank you for all the replies, I think I've have enough info now to get them onto ebay.
    Spica, if you're interested I'll send you some photos and you can make me an offer. Shipping is no problem, I can do it via work.

Thanks again

Cheers,
    Geoff

Pipeline, Feb 24, 2009
  6. Pipeline

spica

Very good of you to offer sir... but as i have friends who are on the hifi case on daily basis, if and when a pair does appear, i could take them for a play with before they are moved on, as i do with other items, this way is good for me/us as it gives plenty of room to make the right decision though nowadays am more into oddities and unknowns. I had a run on my memory today and though some time ago now, i think preferred the Mc2's to a pair of Kef 102's i had at the time, but i kept the 102's? just passing them on because of the Mc4's were bigger and supposedly better without a A/B test which would have been easily workable..was silly, especially as it was a pointless exercise

I wish you all the very best Geoff, and am sure they will find a good and appreciative home .

Thanks again :)

spica, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question