Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oceanobsession, Mar 1, 2008.

1. oceanobsession

oceanobsession

Hello everyone. im after a new amp to go with my shahinian arcs and arcam cd 192 ive been offerd a musical fidelity nu-vista m3
    for £1200 pounds. please can you offer any advice on this product. thanks ocean

oceanobsession, Mar 1, 2008
  2. oceanobsession

peez

My best mate uses one, I have heard it regularly, and have to say that when set up with good (very) partners, it shines. It was the only thing he could find at the time to drive his Chario Millenium academy ones, and the better the sources have gotten , the better the amp has responded. He has had no reliability problems in over 7 years of use and it still looks new. I use class A , but if i was to consider an alternative that would be it, far far better than the kw replacements imo.

peez, Mar 1, 2008
  3. oceanobsession

robn

Hi and hello to Zero Gain. I bought one of these about 18 months ago. Though I don't really feel very comfortable with its ostentatious and overblown looks, it does sound fantastic far better than any other amp I have owned.

It powers a pair of PMC FB1+ speakers and this combination gives me great insight into singing and playing, harmony, timbre, production techniques whilst also giving great dynamics and scale , never ever even slightly flustered even on the most bombastic music nor smoothing out peaks. This combination manages to present music in a holistic way whist also revealing all the elements should you want to explore them.

My points of comparison are at cheaper price points (Nait5i, Sugden A21a, Audiolab 8000s, Pioneer A400, Onix OA21s, Cyrus 1, NAD3030) so not sure how it compares with other options at £1,200?

Robn

robn, Mar 2, 2008
  4. oceanobsession

unclepuncle

As long as it is in excellent condition with boxes thats a very decent price so even if you don't like it you should be able to sell it on and get your money back.

unclepuncle, Mar 2, 2008
  5. oceanobsession

mickm

the m3 is a great amp but 1200 pounds buys alot of amp i have freinds who have owned the m3 and they have sold to buy the a5 which they prefer you can pick an a5 up for around 900 pounds , one of them is an avid musical fidelity fan and owned an a308 before the m3 i really liked the sound of that and its built like a tank and to my eye not as garish looking as the m3 , but as mentioned the m3 should sell no problem if you buy and dont like it , mick

mickm, Mar 4, 2008
  6. oceanobsession

nando nando

Super Amp I Bouch For That,
    Nando

nando, Mar 6, 2008
Ask a Question