My new system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by brca, Oct 24, 2007.

1. brca

brca Rookie

Hello.
    As a rookie to this forum, first of all, I would like to introduce myself.

I am HI-FI fan from Belgrade, and recently I have decided to upgrade my old system and invest nice amount of money in order to come close maybe to high end, and this is the point you all step in.

My system:
    Audio Analogue Bellini Preamp
    Audioanalogue Donizzeti Amp
    Lyngdorf CD-1
    Dali Icon 6 speakers
    Crystal Cable Piccolo interconnects
    Black & White Reference speaker cables

All together, the sound I get is at least for me, absolutely fantastic, especially when I purchased 3 days ago Lyngdorf CD-1.
    That was for me the biggest surprise, because before that I was using Unison Research Unico CD (hybrid)
    The sound I get today is from another world.

Recently I was reading few threads where the Lyngdorf CD-1 was a main issue, and I would like to kindly ask members who have more experience with this CD player to give me their impressions, especially if anyone has also Audio Analogue in the same system.
    Also please, if anyone has some ideas of, how my system could be even more improved, I would appreciate it very much.

Regards,
    Brca

brca, Oct 24, 2007
  2. brca

Nomoretweaks Tourist on tilt

I can only say - if it sounds "absolutely fantastic" for you - do not change anything. We all have different tastes, different priorities, and our opinions may lead you nowhere. When you start feeling that something is really missing, define this "something" and when you are absolutely sure what do you need - start from there. Never change a good sounding system just for the sake of it. "Hi-end" as such means nothing.

Nomoretweaks, Oct 27, 2007
  3. brca

Dev Moderator

Very good advice IMO.

Dev, Oct 27, 2007
  4. brca

DavidF

BRCA

Welcome!

If your system does sound absolutely fantastic then it probably IS good advice.

I have been thinking the last few hours since reading our post....if MY system sounded "AF" (rather than as now....quite pleasing) would I still want to tweak it? the honest answer is that I really don't know...

if you have the urge to try to get more out of it there are 101 things you CAN do, thogh I have no doubt ths is where i get shouted down.........;)

David

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
    DavidF, Oct 28, 2007
  5. brca

brca Rookie

Well, gentlemen,

Thank you for your honest answers.:)

All I can say, for now, is I will listen to the music and enjoy the sound as long as I can.

For the moment, my only question is, if the speakers (despite the fact that the sound is great) are up to the rest of the system, which is, in my opinion, in another, much higher, league.

Am I wrong?

brca, Oct 28, 2007
  6. brca

DavidF

Sorry, missed the question to an extent.....

if you meant is it best to have the speakers pointing way from equipment.....IMO yes.....

DavidF, Oct 28, 2007
  7. brca

Tenson Moderator

I think he was asking if the speakers are up to the quality of the rest of the system!

Brca, If it sounds great then maybe you should leave it, but yes the speakers are probably the weaker link in the system. If you like the sound of Dali speakers, and I can't blame you for that, why no move to the Helicon series?

But, also consider what your room acoustics are like as I think all too often people are searching for better sound by changing equipment and speakers when the acoustics are holding it back.

Tenson, Oct 28, 2007
  8. brca

DavidF

Ahhh!

Sorry!

:eek:

DavidF, Oct 28, 2007
  9. brca

Shuggie

I have a CD-1 and I'm not aware of anyone being anything other than delighted with it. I am very pleased with mine. That said, I use the CD-1 as a transport, feeding a Lyngdorf TDA2200, rather than as a standalone CD player. A spot of advice that I'd give you is to treat it to a good mains lead, and use a good support system - Stillpoints are excellent, and not silly money. If you enjoy the CD-1 out of the box, then you'll be even happier if you apply these improvements.

Shuggie, Oct 28, 2007
Ask a Question