my usal trick,messing up upgrades,but hey,ANALOGUE NIRVANA!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Saab, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Saab

Saab

I finally got around to buying a new phono stage,the new MF XLPS V3.I also bought a new cartridge,a £100 Orofon 530 Mrk II,and I dumped the fitted stands on my Planar 3,and replaced them with foculpods.I then re-trained myself on all the VTA,tracking,and fiddly nonsense that goes off with these things

and bloody hell,what a difference,at last i can say my analogue front end is as good as my cd player.The TT set-up is 650 quids worth,and the CD player is a grand,and theres nothing but a nats arse in it.I don't have many lps that are on both,exept all the Zeppelin,and Jimmy Page's remasters on CD blasts he vinyl to pieces

but Dark Side Of The Moon doesn't,its fantastic (the rolling drums at the start of time are just fantastic)

Wish You Were Here Next :D

Saab, Nov 30, 2004
  2. Saab

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

There is a version of WYWH out there that is totally sublime, I have owned it twice.

In my opinion its better than the original, and just off as good as the half speed remaster, totally fantastic.

garyi, Nov 30, 2004
  3. Saab

Saab

what version Gary? I have the original

Saab, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Saab

Saab

Ive just listened to the remaster,not the original,and it sounds superb??!! so which one is better?

Saab, Nov 30, 2004
Ask a Question