nad 520 replacment

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by themadhippy, Jan 19, 2007.

1. themadhippy

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

evening all.
    my beloved nad 520 has died.The loading tray thingy dosnt want to open,i think its sulking after being left in storage for a year. i can either get it repaired,unfortunatley all my tools and test gear are at the other end of the country so unless it can be fixed with a leatherman self repair is out the question, or buy something new. so what do people recommed around the £200 mark?

themadhippy, Jan 19, 2007
  2. themadhippy

Andy registered grazer

Can you hear the motor whirring when you press open/close? I had 2 520s and they both had the same problem. If the motor does whirr, try lifting the front of the player and tap it down firmly-it may release the drawer. It's only a temporary fix and the problem does get worse so you'd need a new machine eventually. If you don't mind buying second hand i'd try for a second hand Marantz CD63 ki signature they go for around £150 on E bay. Alternatively, try the Cambridge Audio Azur range.

Andy, Jan 19, 2007
Ask a Question