NAD c372 vs. c370.. your opinions please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by axebeatz, Mar 16, 2004.

1. axebeatz

axebeatz

Hi folks, I'm new to the board. :D

I'm interested to know the difference between the new NAD c372 and the NAD c370. I can get the c370 for £300 and the c372 for £100 more. Do you reckon the extra money is worth it? Apart from the added 30W of power per channel how different is the new amp?

I know I should demo them (and other amps), but I'm not really in a position to do that so I value your opinions.

Thanks

axebeatz, Mar 16, 2004
  2. axebeatz

Lt Cdr Data om

what 30 w XTRA power!!! as if you need it with an amp. like that, the 370 is well thought of, can't go wrong really, no xp of the 372

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 16, 2004
  3. axebeatz

PBirkett VTEC Addict

30 watts of power on an amp that is already capable of in excess of 120 watts into 8 ohms per channel is not really worth mentioning. The best way to see is to audition them both side to side. The weakest part of the 370 is the pre-amp so maybe they improved on that too.

PBirkett, Mar 16, 2004
  4. axebeatz

axebeatz

Yeah, I read that's been upgraded along with some of the internal gubbins. Still haven't found any comparisons online though, and only one review of the c372..

hmm.. has nobody on these here forums heard both?

axebeatz, Mar 17, 2004
  5. axebeatz

mudan

I wonder whether NAD will be bring out a C372CT. According to What Hi-Fi this month, the C352CT (silver finish) sounds significantly better than the C352 (standard NAD colour).

I used to have a C370 but then sold it after I realised that my spare Pionner A400 sounded better!

mudan, Mar 23, 2004
  6. axebeatz

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Tip of the week: Spray your amplifier and CD player silver to make it sound better :lol:

Maybe you should try it on your A400 as well ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2004
    PBirkett, Mar 23, 2004
  7. axebeatz

mudan

Sounds like a good idea, although I do quite like the satin black and dark grey finish of the A400.

According to the review of the silver C352, there have been internal changes and not just a case of a better 2nd review as can happen with What Hi-Fi.

mudan, Mar 23, 2004
  8. axebeatz

Lt Cdr Data om

why don't you paint it a garish red yellow and orange like those orrible fotos we saw!

Well there you have what hifis credibility, if they say a colour makes something sound better, you can't believe a word of it.

Bit like saying a silver car goes better than a grey one..all things being equal, notwithstanding the air flow effects due to different finish...

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 23, 2004
  9. axebeatz

penance Arrogant Cock

Mr Data

everyone knows that red cars are faster!

penance, Mar 23, 2004
  10. axebeatz

mudan

Well I did mention in my second post that the silver version also has had internal changes made and no, they haven't just sprayed the inside silver ! :D

mudan, Mar 24, 2004
Ask a Question