Naim Intro Speakers questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by starkiller, Apr 17, 2011.

1. starkiller

starkiller

Am auditioning a pair of the Intro's here at home and have some questions. They are to be used in my computer room which is small. They are against a wall facing towards me with an open computer desk and monitor between them and me. I would like to raise them up a bit and was wondering if I can lower the rear spikes and raise the front ones for a bit of tilt and or put them on say 12" stands.

starkiller, Apr 17, 2011
  2. starkiller

RobHolt Moderator

You can do either but do keep them close to the rear wall as the chosen bass alignment requires this in most rooms.

Tilting will predominantly alter the treble dispersion while physically raising the speaker will alter the lower frequencies - or more precisely, alter the way they interact with the room.

If you are happy with the overall sound but just want to open up the treble a little and improve extension, tilting should do the trick.

RobHolt, Apr 17, 2011
  3. starkiller

starkiller

Am thinking about just getting some temporary concrete slabs so I can raise them up about 6" as thats about the height I need to clear the shelf of my computer desk so I can see the tweeter.

starkiller, Apr 17, 2011
  4. starkiller

RobHolt Moderator

Sorry, didn't realise the desk was actually blocking them.
    Definitely raise them in that case.

RobHolt, Apr 17, 2011
  5. starkiller

starkiller

Thanks for the help! Posted this on the Naim board and nothing from them so this info is of great use!

starkiller, Apr 18, 2011
Ask a Question