Naim Prototype DAC at Bristol

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by FrankDeckard, Feb 25, 2009.

1. FrankDeckard

DavidF

"BTW... dowsing is a creative thing...not there to make you rich., as i've said before "

...own quote from 2 posts ago, so you didn't put a great deal of thought into that, did you?

:)

DavidF, Mar 17, 2009
  2. FrankDeckard

Markus S Trade

More than I managed.

Markus S, Mar 17, 2009
  3. FrankDeckard

DavidF

Hi, whatever the right and wrongs of dowsing............perhaps you would consider this.....

1) Dowsing...the matter was discussed and as far as I was concerned concluded on another thread.

2) If I disagree with the opinion a forum member I might express my opinion once, politely. I would state my opnion once, then keep quiet. I would hope I wouldn't repeatedly gang up on one forum member.

In short, chaps, I don't think you are acting in a very pleasant or gentlemanly manner.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    DavidF, Mar 17, 2009
  4. FrankDeckard

The Devil IHTFP

I agree. The DBLs are good, but are way overpriced with Naim power amplification, compared with ATC actives. The other Naim speakers are all crap.

I also have a CDS2, which I have just put back in the system, having taken Gilad's Linn CD12 out. I prefer the CDS2. The CD12 was slightly bright and has a "relentless" sound, in comparison.

I have owned Naim 62/140, 82/140, 82/250, 52/250, and 52/135s in the past 20 years, together with Naim Aro/Prefix, but never Naim speakers. I have heard many friends' and aquaintances' Naim systems over the years as well. None of this gear exhibited this silly "fisheye soundstaging" as described by our two eccentric forum dowsers.

The Devil, Mar 17, 2009
Ask a Question