Need a favour

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PBirkett, Dec 16, 2006.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to repair my Onix OA21 amplifier, and also give it a service while you are on, and restore it to its former glory.

Basically at the moment it has a problem with intermittently dropping one channel - it is basically unlistenable now. But i do like it, and after weighing up the options, i think financially, it may be best just to get it repaired.

I have checked the fuses inside, but they seem to be fine, so theres obviously another issue there. I just figure that if someone would be willing to do it, then it may as well have a full service as well to make it good as new.

So first question, would anyone be willing to do this.

Second question, any idea of cost?

I can take detailed photographs of the internals if required.

PBirkett, Dec 16, 2006
  2. PBirkett

Snoo

This thread of help?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19033

THey mention one being due for a recap and the original owner of the company responded.

The caps they mention are the same as I had in a marantz amp I just recapped. I replaced them with some bigger audio ones from Maplin. (See my thread HERE). I just had to remount them inside as they were a bit bigger.

Snoo, Dec 16, 2006
Ask a Question