Need a solution to my AV problem - not strictly HIFI hence in chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Feb 4, 2009.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I have a rather strange AV setup in my bedroom.

I have a 22" TFT monitor (TFT TVs were very expensive at the time) this doubles up as my TV via a PC TV card. The problem is I could never get the digital signal to work on my TV card so I am using a PVR I have just got working again from oly PC parts, its a Digifusion and is pretty good, this is connected to my Rotel pre amp sold to me a long long time ago by Rory (is he still around?) and then have a connection from the preamp into my HIFI amp and the picture cable goes into my TV card as an AV input. Confused yet?

The problem is this rather complex solution to a simple problem is causing a bit of noise on the picture, and I am wondering if I would be better of with a TV? How much would a second hand 22" TFT be worth? I could pick up a 22" TV/Monitor from Richersounds for £200 and I could then sell my TV card on ebay and also free up a much needed PCI card (I have a M-Audio sound card in the other). The other problem is I need to have my PC on to watch PC which can get annoying at times.

Is their a simpler solution to this?

amazingtrade, Feb 4, 2009
Ask a Question