Need some help connecting PC, Headphones and Turntable together.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by h9x, Dec 26, 2023.

1. h9x

h9x

Hello there people who enjoy vibrating air.

Need some help from the professionals.

Over the years I have bought different pieces of audio equipment without really thinking how would I connect it all together and if it is even possible.

Audio equipment I have:

Turntable - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo + 2MRed
    Preamp - Pro-Ject Tube Box S2
    Speakers - Yamaha HS8
    Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm
    Audio Interface - Steinberg UR22 mk2
    PC - Windows Desktop

Problems I have with my goofy setup:

I have to disconnect speakers from my pc and connect them to turntable preamp if I want to listen to some vinyl. They both share the same XLR inputs.

Turntable and preamp do not have any volume controls so I have to control the volume on each Yamaha speaker separately. (so stupid I know)

The Steinberg audio interface does not have enough power to the the 250 Ohm DT 990 PROs

I have no way of connection my headphones to the turntable.

Basically it all works in a way but is super nonpractical. So there goes my question...
    Is there a way of connecting it all together? PC - Speakers - Headphones - Turntable+Preamp

Is there some sort of DAC/Audio Interface I would be able to connect all the things to and then just select which input/output (devices) I want connected together?

I have been browsing the web but I figured it would be easier to just as here as most of you probably knows much more about audio hardware than me.

Thank you for any help/constructive comments.

h9x, Dec 26, 2023
  2. h9x

tuga

tuga, Jan 8, 2024
Ask a Question