new 300B SE kit

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bottleneck, Dec 10, 2003.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/kitshome.html

[​IMG]

Ive just seen the prototype for this amp (pictured) and it looks to be of very high quality.

Its a single ended 300B amp kit, all hard wired with massive output transformers. Finish looks very tasty with a copper cover and milled aluminium panels.

The guy at hificollective (Nick) told me that he aims to sell it at around 1k, which is very good for what he's offering I feel.

Im going to borrow for a listen and a play when its complete, but if you're thinking of a valve kit I'd say this is one to add to the audition list!.

NB
    I noticed in a magazine that 'Consonance' - who make valve amp kits are now selling constructed amps through Walrus !

They seem to be the same models that you can get in kit form from www.diyhifisupply.

bottleneck, Dec 10, 2003
  2. bottleneck

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

The upgrades and variations you can get with DIY Hifi Supply, together with what seems to be an excellent level of service, would make this my preferred route.

How do the prices compare, like for like?

7_V, Dec 10, 2003
  3. bottleneck

penance Arrogant Cock

I rekon you could reckon on saveing between £800 - 1500 on a 300B kit, maybe more.
    Upgrades are fairly easy to apply after the build aswell.

penance, Dec 10, 2003
  4. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Dunno steve,

It would be interesting to find out... especially considering DIY hifisupply will build for you for a couple of hundred quid.

:)
    Chris

bottleneck, Dec 11, 2003
Ask a Question