new active speakers for the PC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bottleneck, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Just bought some new active speakers for the PC

[​IMG]

They have a 4" mid-bass paper cone and a 1" silk dome tweeter.

Active, 30w per channel with of course an integrated amplifier.

They also have treble and bass controls aswell as the pre-requisite volume control.

I've bought them for desk top pc use, but you could use them with an MP3 player, dvd player or whatever. They have standard RCA inputs on the back.

Sound quality, I'd say they're as good as the stuff you get at Currys for up to about £100. I don't think they're as good as a full blown Richer Sounds system at.. say £300, but quite amazed for....

wait for it....

£15 !

:D

lol, that's bloody ridiculous.

Like I said, it's not going to worry a full system, but pretty stupendous for the money, and a neat, and variable option with the eq.

Cheers
    Chris

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=27962&doy=search

bottleneck, Mar 10, 2008
  2. bottleneck

greg Its a G thing

Nice one Chris. I've ordered two pairs as I have every faith in your verdict.
    Cheers

greg, Mar 11, 2008
  3. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi Greg

I think that they sound better than many mini systems I've heard, and can't think you'd get better PC sound for the money.

I keep thinking of new uses - for example a holiday home, just plug in your ipod, or something inexpensive for childrens systems etc.

Unfortunately they're not shielded, because they'd be great to just plug a tv or dvd player straight into.

Hope you're not dissapointed - they aren't the highest of hi fi, but at the price point think you might be quite impressed... hope so anyway.

bottleneck, Mar 12, 2008
Ask a Question