New Bjork Album

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MO!, Sep 2, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Anyone heard it yet?

I've only heard a few audio snips so far, but can't wait to get my grubby li'l mitts on the album.

I've mentioned beatboxing a few times on here with little response :( Perhaps this album will bring it to a few MOre people's attention.

Some VERY talented people involved with this album, and as a fan of beatbox, and a fan of Bjork..... well........ I'm very much looking forward to this :)

For MOre info....
    http://unit.bjork.com/specials/albums/medulla

MO!, Sep 2, 2004
  2. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

Heard some of this. Sounds promising. Robert Wyatt's on it too, so I'm definitely going to buy it for him alone.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 2, 2004
  3. MO!

mr cat Member of the month

I'm a massive fan of Bjork (her best release for me is live at the albert hall featuring the vesperine album) and I took delivery of her new album yestersday...I pre-ordered this from play on DVD, but there is only a documentry on dvd (2 channel!), and the album is on dvd-a...

anyway, the album itself is good - tho, it will get better on further listens and I do prefer the slower tracks on there, it does also sound as tho it has been overmixed at times...but if you're a fan...then buy it!

mr cat, Sep 2, 2004
  4. MO!

voodoo OdD

Try here for all the tracks.

voodoo, Sep 2, 2004
  5. MO!

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

It's a grower I reckon - I got it on CD-SACD hybrid yesterday from 101cd.com and it's, err, strange, even by Bjork's standards, but I reckon it's better than Vespertine.

BTW - it got played in my 1985 Technics SL-P2 while I was cooking the tea - that third generation CDP had no problems at all with the hybrid disc :)

domfjbrown, Sep 2, 2004
  6. MO!

mattross

I was very disappointed with it. Maybe it takes a few goes to get used to it but it didn't grab me at all and I didn't fall asleep once.

mattross, Sep 2, 2004
  7. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

I've got it playing at the moment. Quite good so far. Never had much interest in Bjork before, but she may have stumbled onto something with this.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 2, 2004
  8. MO!

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, I find that some of the tracks aren't that easy accessible as her previous stuff...will need further listens tho!

mr cat, Sep 3, 2004
  9. MO!

Heavymental

Hi Mo, I've a passing interest in Beatboxing after getting started listening to a few samples of Rahzel at work. Killa Kela is the man of the moment in my opinion though after seeing him at the world Bboy champs a couple of years ago. He was amazing, real open jaw, laugh out loud stuff. I've never fancied getting a full album by any of these guys though as I imagine it's a talent more suited to seeing and wondering at live than listening in your own home, or enjoying their skills as part of a crew more than as an individual artist.

Anyone who's not seen a top beatboxer at work needs to see it though…singing the chorus and doing the beat at the same time is the impossible demonstrated before you. Amazing to watch, same feeling as watching a great magic trick… “how they do that!!?â€Â

p.s looking forward to the Bjork album too...her latest offerings have been unique and brilliant albums IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
    Heavymental, Sep 3, 2004
  10. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Hi Heavymental :)

I've posted this link before

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/realmedia/videos/kellabb.ram

If you've not seen it, check it out. It's about half hour exhibition and gig.

Kella's album (The Permanent Marker) is available to download for from his site.... but have just checked and the site's not up properly. Keep an eye out though.

I agree with you about it perhaps not working for a whole album. And Kella obviously knows this himself and the album features instruments too.

Quoted from amazon review, I think this is about right....

MO!, Sep 3, 2004
  11. MO!

Heavymental

Cheers Mo, I might check it if I see it cheap. I can't get the dowloads as I'm typing from work :(

Heavymental, Sep 6, 2004
  12. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Just listened to the XFM samples and am very impressed. Definitely getting this one :)

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 6, 2004
  13. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Bought it and ripped it to my iPod. Will be listening to it on the plane to London tomorrow :) . Actually, it's a rather sad state of affairs that I listen to considerably more music on my iPod than on my hifi :(

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 6, 2004
  14. MO!

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

take heart mike. I listen to far more on my car stereo! (and its the one you get with the car!)

bottleneck, Sep 6, 2004
  15. MO!

Heavymental

Got this at the weekend. Nice album, a real piece of musical art once again from Bjork. I have noticed the number of 'tunes' on Bjork albums seems to be decreasing. Homogenic was packed with great melodies, Vespertine had a few, and Medulla seems to have less again. After hearing a snippet of 'Isobel' on a programme trailer on BBC Wales I'd like to see her next album have a few more stand out tunes on it.

Liked the fact that it was a good length too. Bought 3 albums over the weekend...all nice and concise with not much filler. Maybe people are realising you don't have to try and fill all 80 minutes on a cd.

Heavymental, Oct 4, 2004
Ask a Question