New Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by flare, Jul 26, 2011.

1. flare

flare

Hi, I need to spend about £1000 on a new Hi-Fi for a spare room in my hous, it's going to be multi pirpose, so for me iw need to be fore music and gaming, byt my gf likes karako with her friends, (don't judge me, it was this or nothing at all :eek:). As you may guess I'm a little overwhelmed by the choices and was hoping somebody could give me some suggestions, I've already been in a few dediated shops but they all give different advice so I wanted to appeal to a higher authority..... you :D

flare, Jul 26, 2011
  2. flare

Tenson Moderator

Well, to get your GF sorted, I'd advise one of these MiniMix 800 things so she can connect her microphone to the Hi-Fi system and adjust the level relative to the music (also it can add reverb and remove vocals from music tracks). http://www.djkit.com/behringer/behringer-minimix-800.html?cat=116

I assume she has a microphone already? If not, a Shure SM58 is the industry standard and costs about £80.

Before we start to recommend hi-fi kit, what do you play your music from normally? CD, computer, vinyl?

Tenson, Jul 26, 2011
Ask a Question