New MF amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dev, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Dev

hifinutt

reading several different forums, there seems to be universal negative reaction to these superchargers. I wonder if mf did any market research first?

hifinutt, Jun 8, 2007
  2. Dev

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

The hifi fora may not be where they see the market for these doohickies. I'm not arguing whether they are right or wrong if that is the case btw.

Uncle Ants, Jun 8, 2007
  3. Dev

Mr_Sukebe

Interesting.
    Whilst I thinking their marketing is pants, maybe the product is brilliant. I'd certainly hesitate to slag off the product itself before actually hearing one.

Mr_Sukebe, Jun 8, 2007
  4. Dev

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

the strangest part of the products rationale (to my mind)...

someone wanting a low power amp... for example a simple class 'a' solid state amp or a SET amp owner - is interested with keeping the signal path as simple as possible.

that type of buyer wouldn't want ''another'' amp in the chain.

other types of amp owners would just have a more powerful amp in the 1st place

It's a strange product position to market, that's for sure.

A product ''looking for a market'' as they say.

bottleneck, Jun 8, 2007
  5. Dev

nando nando

Watch This Space Later. Nando.

nando, Jun 21, 2007
  6. Dev

Dev Moderator

Why?, Have they replaced it with an even more radical device? It was due an upgrade this week:D.

Sorry Nando, I hope you realise we are not picking on you, just some of the products you sell:D.

Dev, Jun 21, 2007
  7. Dev

nando nando

HI, REGARDLES OF WHAT, i am going to put my point of view and i will tell you all how i feel, after i had lunch.
    nando

nando, Jun 21, 2007
  8. Dev

nando nando

hi, to your question about the products i sell, with due respect you are not better Dev,as you bought them"glass house",
    MY ISSUE:
    in my view regarding this particular product , is not only deminding the people that own their very own "wonderfull" stereo systems regardless of make, as i belive that music related systems are as personal as an individual choice of marrige, this so called product and this particular manufacturer "who ever wrote this letter" and i can assure you it was not indra, and before you jump leap, i can not believe that a creadiable company can say to the people who , in a sense , been fathfull to their products and then say that what they have got is basicly CRAP,i remember a fomous t/t/ manufacturer in a quote on a fomous newspaper thatmade his name and most of his wealth, (qoute) any body who owns a turntable is the train spotter of the hi-fi industry, this m.f. leaflet and wording not only offends me but i am sure that most of you feel the same, as for me i will not get rid of my mf gear, but i feel in a way very hurt that somehow i have sold people the hi-fi that's CRAP now,it is not the case i have tried this supershitters, they are good in certain aspects, i.e. home cinema, but not as an upgrade on any"regardlles of make" an upgrade, having dealt with this up and down hi-fi business, i am very dissapointed in this latest claim, technollogy changes, we all know that, but not always for the better, only for your pockects.
    reards nando, p.s. end of part one.

nando, Jun 21, 2007
  9. Dev

Dev Moderator

I don't know what you mean but :cry:.

I agree with the rest of your post (I think;)).

Dev, Jun 21, 2007
  10. Dev

nando nando

hi, Dev i am trying to say that this units are mainlly designed for people that have a home cinema system and want good quallity two channel and over all sound, however , i think that they are over priced, hence they are bringing out cheaper ones, i feel very hurt at the post and lettering that it says bassicly that what you have got is CRAP, ouch that hurts, in my view that is hippocritical and i would not be surpriced that it will create an outrage of persons who own their products, i have sold m.f. products from dayy one, i will not change my m.f. system, beacause i am happy with what i have, the anger in me is the wording and promotion of this particular product is wrongly represented, i have tried them and i have my views, as for your quote , what i meant was that you loved the X-SERIES, sorry if i did not make that clearer, most of the items they made were not to my liking "sound wise" but all most all where and still super,
    but dev, this leaflet STINKS, sorry.
    regards nando.

nando, Jun 21, 2007
  11. Dev

Dev Moderator

Ah, I see, Yes I liked my XA series amps.

Dev, Jun 21, 2007
  12. Dev

hsam

Hi Guys!

Im very close to buying a pair of 550k mono's.But i just saw a test of them,im worried about the power consuming.992watt pr block.Thats more than some Valve amps (like the Rounge audio M150's)
    Should i worry???

hsam, Jan 1, 2009
  13. Dev

nando nando

dev, they retail for £995.00 a pair.
    nando

nando, Jan 1, 2009
  14. Dev

nando nando

the whole marketing of the kw550 is the bigest cock up that any manufacturer has done, they were supposed to be mono blocks the added fiture was only suposed to be used for home cinema amps, the comcept was that those units could both take two sources ,home cinema and proper two channel use, the switch on the back of each unit will enable to switch imputs, they also go to stand by when no signal passes through and come on when source signal is activated, but who ever at mf wrote that"no names" must of being in a loco estate of mind,
    nando.

nando, Jan 1, 2009
  15. Dev

hsam

So nando are the worth going for??? I guess for £995 its ok?
    I use to have the kw500.I really like that one.

hsam, Jan 1, 2009
  16. Dev

nando nando

i quite like them, i use the kw550, also i have the 550's as spare, i use them in another room and they are nicesounding monoblocks for the money they are now i say they are worth every penny and more,
    nando.

nando, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question