New Order - Inovative ways to find new fans

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Mar 23, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

They are offering their new album as a WMA download until its launched on Monday, wtf? Surely this means that their sales will suffer? They are offering it free as well :( (no sarcastic comments please).

Also I have not seen this yet but the HMV on Market Street (Manchestoh) has a thing in the window where you can point your blue tooth phone to it and you can download a NO ring tone for free.

I am a little bit suspicious in thing that all this is hype to cover up for an average album? I've not heared yet but I've heared some tracks, its ok but and it will sell just becuase they are New Order, but if they were a new band I am not too sure.

The band has been going for 28 years (including Warsaw and Joy Division) so I can't see how they can keep creating new albums surely you will run out of create energy?

No doubt if I posted this on the New Order online forum I would just get a load of F words returned at me.

amazingtrade, Mar 23, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

robert_cyrus

indeed, i could be sampling track 1 (playing now, hey joe ..) with wavelab, and hey presto a .wav file ready for cd burning.
    i prefer the older stuff myself.

robert_cyrus, Mar 23, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

I am going to wait to Monday as I have a crappy soundcard so it spoil it listening to it in low fi. I am tempted to buy it on 12" though as I am a bit of NO/JD collector (my local record shops sells loads of their records so its easy for to collect some quite rare stuff).

I know the ethos of NO has always been to f**k capitolism but they are now signed with Warner so I am very surprised they have given away their album free like this.

Its all very Factory and will probably end in tiers when the album fails to get top ten despite all the hype (at least in Manchester)

I also think their earlier stuff is better listening to tracks like Ceromeny 12" or BLT 12" it reminds me why I bought a turntable.

4. amazingtrade

robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus, Mar 23, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

I think I am going to have download them, I guess it will surprise me on monday when I can hear all the exrtra bits my soundcard won't play. Ok I will download it

6. amazingtrade

sideshowbob Trisha

From what I've heard of it, it's dreadful, not even worth a free download.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Mar 24, 2005
  7. amazingtrade

I don't think it can be described Dreadful, but then I am extremely biased. Being objective though I am not sure it compares well with modern stuff such as The Killers, The Bravery, Kieser Cheifs and Bloc Party though (all these bands are influenced by NO).

I've heared a lot worse from the band.

amazingtrade, Mar 24, 2005
Ask a Question