New Toy Coming

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lordsummit, Nov 7, 2004.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Am collecting on Monday another new toy. Was messing around on Ebay and noticed this Have seen them second hand for up to £350 so if I don't like it at least I won't lose me money.
    So anyone want to buy a second hand P3 :D

Am hoping for some extra refinement and a bit of the magic Towshend bass. It's obviously not a Rock, but I'm hoping it brings some of the Rock characteristics to the party

lordsummit, Nov 7, 2004
  2. lordsummit

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Nice one.

It seems to have many of the refinements of a rock, even if not the name. I bet it will be great.

PS I would be PMing SCIDB about this point (if he doesnt post). He has had a few Townshend turntables and will probably be able to advise about setup and that sort of thing.

Hope it sounds great!

Chris

bottleneck, Nov 7, 2004
  3. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

It was Dean who egged me on over on PFM. I didn't know he'd owned Townshends though. I'm going to collect it tomorrow, will have a play. Think I'll be taking the k9 off though and putting my Ort on it. Might get a bit for the K9 on Ebay.

lordsummit, Nov 7, 2004
  4. lordsummit

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Richard,

I have owned afew Townshend products in my time. I first had a Elite Rock II during the tail end of my student days in the 80s. First with a cheap Mission arm then with an Excalibaur arm. I also added a Merlin power supply. I then went to a Rock Reference. Since I start collecting bits & bobs, I have a few Rocks about the place. I have a boxed Avalon somewhere.

I have always liked the sound of the Rock turntables. Quite simple to use. You should get used to the tough quite easily. I only ever got silicone on the record once and that was because I was messing about.

Give it a go and see what you think.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Nov 7, 2004
  5. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

I wish I had a few boxed bits like that around :D

I'm looking forward to giving it a go

lordsummit, Nov 7, 2004
Ask a Question