New transport

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by T-bone Sanchez, Mar 22, 2005.

1. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

The sony 930E QS I won of feebay arrived yestersay. I found the parcel on the car park, sadly thats not a joke, it happened with my brothers 7200KI.. Anyway, I must say Im quite impressed, condition wise its faultless so thats good. Its a much nicer transport than the marantz 6000KI which I alway thought to be on the cheap side, its nicer built and whisper quite. I cant say its night and day but it does improve on the marantz sound-wise. I dont know if it sounds better as a stand-alone cdp coz Ive not tried but it stays and the marantz goes.

Changing subject, I visited a mate for the first time for quite a while, he has the original quad IIs, quad 66 cd and Im not sure which the quad pre is but its of a vintage period. Speakers are 50's 12" goodman with ribbon tweeters. I took the nosDAC to try with this system, to say he was blown away is an understatement. Of all the systems Ive tried the dac in its this one in which it really makes a difference and I mean a difference, it got very close to his TT which is pretty dam fine. I hope derek sorts the probs out coz Im pretty taken with mine.

T-bone Sanchez, Mar 22, 2005
Ask a Question