New turntable pics!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wolf larson, May 14, 2007.

1. wolf larson

wolf larson

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. After weeks of wheeling and dealing the LPT has finally made way for a PT Export GTI, see pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took some serious setting up though, including fitting new suspension winding pins as the old plastic threaded rod wasn't up to the job, luckily B&Q sell the same rod in zinc coated steel so the plastic has now been replaced.

I've also fitted a new arm so the full spec is now: standard Export GTI with Acromat. RB 300 arm with Incognito re-wire, techno-weight and Michell VTA. It also came with an Audio Technica OC9 MC cartridge that, although years old is actualy like new.

I've also added some new Ixos Sorbothane feet between the deck and the marble slab on which it's sited.

i'm not quite sure how much better than the LPT it sounds though, my first impressions were "not a lot" but I've since spent hours tweaking the set-up and getting used to the jelly like suspension.

Thoughts?

The only problem is now the amps built in MC phono stage as when I turn the volume up without playing the TT, I can hear a German radio station in the background. Shitzer.

wolf larson, May 14, 2007
  2. wolf larson

peez

Looks Very nice to me, got an achromat winging it's way in the post to me as I write and looking forward to seeing (hearing) what I make of it. Any opinion on the mat?

peez, May 14, 2007
  3. wolf larson

wolf larson

It came with the TT and getting the arm right height and platter weight set-up is so problematic I haven't tested it with compared to without! I have however heard one on an LP12 and the difference was immediately clear. So much so, my dad bought one for his steel plattered Rotel deck.

wolf larson, May 14, 2007
Ask a Question