Next to a substation - cleaner mains?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by thrudge, Mar 12, 2007.

1. thrudge

anon_bb Honey Badger

I used to work in RF engineering so I am already familiar.

Strong Em fields have an effect of course - but not the same effect as ionising photons. A high power radio transmitter close up is a problem of course - but not a substation. If you have credible peer reviewed evidence accepted bythe scientific community about deleterious effects of living next to substations then let me know.

anon_bb, Mar 15, 2007
  2. thrudge

zanash

Glad you agree .....seems strange that if you've worked with RF you were unaware ...

Just think thats what they said about smoking ....and in fact the early use of radioactive substances too ....

makes you think ?

Just because it took 50+years to realise smoking caused cancer...why take the chance ? Its just like mobile phones ...Why did BT tell there engineers not use there mobiles ?

I'm certain that if you micowave your brain it can't be good for it
    regardless of the studies done to prove otherwise.....you mark my words in 20years there will be an epidemic of phone related problems.
    ....in the same way poking a dirty needle in your arm is not sensible again regardless of the advice you may hear to the contrary...

Oh yes and who's telling you things are safe ? mostly the same vested interested that have too much to lose if there found out !

zanash, Mar 15, 2007
  3. thrudge

anon_bb Honey Badger

I am well aware thanks.

Please measure the microwaves coming off a substation - you may find the result illuminating ;)

Substations do not produce EM waves they produce a field.

There was over whelming evidence smoking hurt peoples health, only the tobacco companies claimed otherwise - there is none that I know of about substations. Statistics showed a link between smoking and cancer as soon as the effects became apparent as the link was so strong and rigourous studies were published by the medical profession proving it. Substations have been around for more than 50 years and noone has produced any credible evidence even those concerned about the effects.

Of course it is possible an effect exists - I am just saying that evidence is required and it seems to be a bit thin on the ground.

anon_bb, Mar 15, 2007
Ask a Question