Nohr 3 prisms and

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tootlepip, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Tootlepip

Tootlepip

Hi guys I am a newbie here who is looking replace his amp and speakers. I was looking through Nohr's website and was attracted to their speakers not just because of the shape but because of the company's philosphy . Problem is that because I cant hear before buying them I have to rely on advice from others who know about them. I tried to email Nohr 3 times but so far got no reply. Anyway I am loooking for a pair of speakers for a stereo system in a small listening room , about 12.5 x10.5 ft, but because of the confined space I need to place them on shelves( sacrilige I know but cant be helped as my wife doesnt want speakers standing in the middle of the room ). I gather the Drum ones are not suitable because they are rear ported so maybe Prism 3s coupled with a sub would be the answer.Would I be correct and does anyone have experience of them?Their back up apparently isnt great as someone pointed out one of their tweeters blew and they couldnt get a replacement. As far as an amp is concerned its the Sonic Impact class t that has caught my attention mainly becaues of their very friendly price and great reviews. Another option I have is to partner a Behringer A500 with my existing Audio Innovations pre.
    I'd appreciate any advice

Tootlepip, Nov 3, 2006
Ask a Question