Norwich shitty r champs!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ultrasonic, May 5, 2004.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Fort id let u guys know as Division 1 doesnt get much coverage but my home team r now up there with the big boys next year! Woohoo, finally get decent teams like Arsenal cumin to town, been waiting for years since we got relegated. Only problem tho, i support Norwich for division 1 and Arsenal for premiership:D How do u guys think Norwich city will do up in the premier league?

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, May 5, 2004
  2. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Some of the teams at the bottom of the premiership, who will survive relegation could well be there again next year. Not sure who's in the play offs, west brom, west ham, sunderland? It's normal to expect whoever comes up to be fav's for the drop again. Have you got money to spend? I think if you can survive the first season, then you've got a chance of pushing up the table. Never know, might pick up the pace straight away and push for europe! :D

Where do you think you'll finish?

MO!, May 5, 2004
  3. Ultrasonic

lordsummit moderate mod

There is a huge gulf between Div one and the premiership, mainly one of money. I expect you to go down again, that's the usual pattern, and then maybe come back up again a better and wiser side, look at West Brom. To be honest I expect whoever comes up next season to go down again none of you looks strong enough and talented enough to compete. Look at the squads Man City, Tottenham and Everton have and look how they've struggled. City have struggled with ill luck, but also inconsistency, I can't speak for the others. But all their squads are immeasurably better than yours. Huckerby is a player too good for the 1st div, but not good enough for the Prem, I've watched him too often too hope he'll do it this time. He'll just head for the corner flag. Not for nothing did we name him Forest Gump.
    Anyway a real football fan does not have two teams:p

lordsummit, May 5, 2004
  4. Ultrasonic

voodoo OdD

Ultra, good to see Norwich back in the top flight. You've been unlucky over the past few seasons but some good loan signings from Nigel Worthington [a v.good manager IMO], Huckerby & Svenson and consistent play have earned you the championship.

Next year, as mO mEntiond, it will be all about money. It's no surprise that Leicester, Wolves and even Leeds have gone down. Speculating to accumulate is a dangerous game but in footballing terms it works more often than not (although the repercussions of this can really bite further down the line). Delia may have to sell a few more pies to ensure safety. I'm afraid that it's likely to come down the last few games of the season.

Now Chelski..........;)

voodoo, May 5, 2004
  5. Ultrasonic

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

It's good to see Norwich back in the Premiership. I like Nigel Worthington, he played for my team in 80s & early 90s. (That's Sheffield Wednesday BTW). He was was part of the team that beat Man Utd. in the cup in 1991. He is a good manager but he will have his work cut out next season. There is a huge golf between the top flight & the first division.

A lot will depend on you getting a proven goal scorer & having premiership quality players. All is not lost as teams like Charlton have done well without huge amounts of money. You do need quality in certain key postions. This season, all the teams that went up have struggled, with two of them coming straight back down. Also the struggling pack seems to be getting bigger.

It will be interesting to see how they get on. Good luck.

SCIDB

SCIDB, May 5, 2004
  6. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Very true!

To see even some genuine "bigger" teams like man city, blackburn, and everton struggle lately, and with west ham, and to a lesser extent, sunderland get relegated last season, and of course leeds this season, shows just how tough it's getting. All these teams will say about being unlucky with injuries and such. All these teams have some good quality players, and it seems to come down to consistancy.

MO!, May 5, 2004
  7. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

As a Celtic fan we've very rarely had a board that's willing to splash out. Things were very bad before Fergus came along with his "five year plan". Only now are people starting to appreciate why he operated as he did. Compared to many our finances seem ok. Depts are being payed off. And with a growing number of teams slipping into recievership (and it's not just the "little" clubs), the relative sound position we're in makes sense. It's frustrating to not see money being spent on adding to the squad. In Martin O'Neil we're lucky to have a great manager who seems able to pick players who have been perhaps out of touch and then give them a chance, and it alMOst always pays off!

But with only 20 days till Larsson's last game :eek: Some big MOney may need to be spent! He *only* cost us £650k! Quite possibly THE bargain in football history!

MO!, May 5, 2004
  8. Ultrasonic

lordsummit moderate mod

I keep hoping you take Robbie Fowler off of us. I reckon he could score goals in Scotland

lordsummit, May 5, 2004
  9. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I believe his nose is also with a hint of blue rather than green.

I think he'd score goals anywhere. But as a self confessed rangers fan, I can't see it happening. We've still got sutton and hartson, though both are carrying injuries. Both have been great, and pair up excellent with Larsson. We've some exciting young players coming through too. Maloney, who was really starting to look like he could cut it has been out for a while though, but should be back for next season. There's no point trying to replace Larsson. He's irriplacable! But we need a quality striker who can complement the physical side that Sutton and Hartson bring. Fowler's an interesting idea, can't see it happening though.

MO!, May 5, 2004
  10. Ultrasonic

Will The Lucky One

Well done Norwich :) wish I could say Wolves would be visiting Carrow Road again next season, but since we're relegated (last seasons play off final seems like light years ago now :().

Will, May 5, 2004
  11. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Yeah, i have to agree that although Norwich have done well in Div1 they have a long way to go til they are premiership quality. Ive seen Huckerby around Norwich quite a few times, sometimes burning past in his Mitsubishi evo 8, and others in Marks Spencers where he'd be doing shopping with his v.fit wife wearing matching pink T shirts:D :lol:

I dont think the Canaries will come back down straight away but i think near the end of next season they will be somewhere near the bottom....:(

Ive supported Arsenal since 5 but as i live in Norwich i support them mentally (actually, on 2nd thoughts i just wanted them to get promoted so i dont have to travel to highbury to see Arsenal play:D )

What do you guys think of the whole Beckham situations, the press publishes anything nowadays, its impossible to know what his plans REALLY are. Id love it if he went to Arsenal.....

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, May 5, 2004
  12. Ultrasonic

lordsummit moderate mod

Is there any money to spend. I know you've got some good young uns, but you need some good older ones too. I'm afraid I can't see any of the teams who are likely to be promoted staying up. Only Pompey managed it this season, and City and Birmingham the year before. Most teams yo-yo for a few years. I think you won't be able to finance it and may end up losing some of those players.
    You will need a better goalscorer than Huckerby though. He just isn't a premiership player

lordsummit, May 6, 2004
Ask a Question