Not feeling well

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Jul 19, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I have just got back from the pub, I had 8 pints and 1 12" garlic bread, I feel rather sick. I promise it was the garlic bread but not the drink but my mother and sister don't believe me.

amazingtrade, Jul 19, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

jshack

Well,

you're a manc. 8 pints is silly money.

Go to bed.

jshack, Jul 19, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

A.T.

I was going to let this go but... ;)

Why do you have as your avatar, one of the most unexceptional cartridges ever made?

Cheers

timpy, Jul 19, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

You ***** A/T, Jshack would still have been standing after 15 pints of vodka and knocking out 3 mana'd knife weilding death threat giving hooligains whilst consiming 4 steaming hot vindaloo Kebabs, and that was while just out for some tabs. shame on you :p

wadia-miester, Jul 19, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

jshack

and the rest......

Funny as **** that Tony.

But 8 pints.... well we both know that that fairly average? Or could it be the Garlic bread?

I'll get me coat!

jshack, Jul 19, 2003
  6. amazingtrade

michaelab desafinado

So that's what it is? :D I thought it was a hairdryer... :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 20, 2003
  7. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

sorry AT but you derserve to be ill,everybody knows after 8 pints you have a kebab,with loads of chillies please mate,not some poncy garlic bread,thats better servered after a couple of bottles of red wine
    :guiness: :guiness: :guiness: : :banana: :banana: :guiness: :guiness::chunder: :zzzz: :elephant:

themadhippy, Jul 20, 2003
  8. amazingtrade

sideshowbob Trisha

AFAICT from that sequence of smilies, hippy wakes up with an elephant the morning after a heavy night.

Tell us more...

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Jul 20, 2003
  9. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

youve met the girlfriend then?:duck:

themadhippy, Jul 20, 2003
  10. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

Thanks for sharing that :confused:

Cor!, you students are real party animals aren't you. I remember the days when I'd go out with my mates to a dozen pubs, stumble out of a club gone 2 o'clock, stagger back to someones house leaving a trail of spilled kebab en route then sit up till dawn (or unconsciousness) listening to music or watching early hours TV.

It's all changed now - stagger back BEFORE closing time and post on a internet forum. Wow, the youth of today really rocks :nuno:

Hex Spurt, Jul 20, 2003
  11. amazingtrade

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

It's an Ortofon MM cartridge, possibly a OM 5, or a OM 10 (I had one of these), or there was a 20 and possibly higher. They were standard OEM fit to the Ariston Q-Deck (badged as Ortofon) and Dual decks (badged as something obscure).

They were absolutely ideal budget cartridges in many ways, high compliance, tracked very well, and very insensitive to mounting orientation (therefore I guess this is why they were a popular OEM fit, as no-one had to spend hours aligning them ;) ) and very well behaved mechanically.

The downside was, that even compared to the Audio Technica AT95E, sonically they were some way behind, particular weaknesses being bass extension and a sort of cloudy homogonised opaqueness (OM10 version) that made even the Goldring Epic II sound like a high end cartridge. Very low EOS distotion though, but a b*gger to align due to the odd shape and lack of usable parallel lines on the body, just as well it wasn't critical. I bet it would have tracked well even it you'd held it in your hand :D:D

Cheers

timpy, Jul 20, 2003
  12. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I'm up now, I feel fine, but I did forget to mention that 2 pints were actualy diet coke. So it was 6 pints over about 5 hours inlcuding food.

As for the avator yep maybe I shall change it, I just found that picture on my hard drive and thought it would be easy to use as it was the right size.

amazingtrade, Jul 20, 2003
  13. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

You wimp!

A'Trade, your street cred has done a runner mate ;)

Hex Spurt, Jul 20, 2003
  14. amazingtrade

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Call yourself a student eh? ;)

I don't know, perhaps you should ask Mr Birkett for some training. :crazy:

Cheers

timpy, Jul 20, 2003
  15. amazingtrade

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Amazingtrade: You sir, are a ***** :D

PBirkett, Jul 20, 2003
  16. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

<<whispers supportingly in AT's ear>> "Blame it on the sun and the 15 acid you were spiked with!"

:boughtMF:

LMAO! :ffrc: :ffrc: :ffrc:

MO!, Jul 21, 2003
  17. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ahem - 8 pints is fair if you count the fact he was poisoned with that FILTH of diet Coke - diet soft drinks would make the hardest drinker puke their guts up - they should be banned!

We had our school reunion this weekend... I had 10 minutes sleep on Sunday morning, and between the proper sleeps I had I had 11 pints of this non-descript real ale at the reunion, 4 tins of John Smiths, 3 Stellas, a bottle of Goliath and another random bitter (actually I'm sure there were some more beers at Lhatkins' house as well but I could be wrong!)... I even got to break a TV - rock'n'roll!!!

I also kept getting hassled by mates at this reunion for pot - do I look like a dealer for feck's sake? One person actually asked me if I could sell them some acid - grrrr! So I might be naughty from time to time but I'm no pharmaceutical distributor :)

Oh - and they had dodgems at this thing as well, so that was cool - dodgems at a blind school - carnage prevailed. Lhatkins managed to write one off!!!!!

domfjbrown, Jul 21, 2003
  18. amazingtrade

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

only 6 pints then? :shame:

We did do some serious :beer: at that reunion though! Great fun was had by all and no-one had to :chunder: which is impressive. I can account for another 11 pints of the real ale and a whole stack of cans of varying types, actually had a few when I got home yesterday evening as well because they were there and I was bored!

The dodgems were cool, think it was the rod thing on the back that Lee broke, can't remember though. That was a pleasant surprise, although we were spared another as there wasn't time for Dom to do his karaoke version of Seven Nation Army :yikes:

As for the TV, that was definitely welcome entertainment at 6:30 am! When we got back so Dom could collect his records he'd left behind, the staff there were up, but in body only. Never seen anyone have so much trouble with the simple task of making toast!

ilockyer, Jul 21, 2003
Ask a Question