Novice seeks advice on mains cleaning adaptors.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Emiliano, May 23, 2005.

1. Emiliano

Emiliano

Do these things make a difference, or is it a marketing stunt?

If so, could you please recommend some modestly priced examples, for my mid-priced setup?

Thanks

Emiliano

Emiliano, May 23, 2005
  2. Emiliano

julian2002 Muper Soderator

they can make a difference however it completely depends on the kit you have as to what that difference is (or even if there is one). best bang for your buck is probably the trichord/ british audio one however tony (wadia-miester) also does one which had been known to do the biz too.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 23, 2005
  3. Emiliano

GAZZ

Lywood make a good cleaner aswell.

GAZZ, May 23, 2005
  4. Emiliano

Emiliano

Thanks for the replies. A pal of mine told me these things would be the best upgrade I could make. His stuff, however, is a lot more expensive than mine.

I've looked at some Isotek products and they seem too pricey for my setup - Arcam A85 and CD 93. Frankly, I felt the money might be better spent upgrading my amp.

Emiliano.

Emiliano, May 23, 2005
  5. Emiliano

wolfgang

Sorry to hijack your thread. However, I always wonder what is the logic when people suggest more expensive toys might benefit more with mains of manipulation. Should not these kits are suppose to be better because the designers has paid more attentions to many areas that matters to the eventual sound quality? If the mains are so important then how come they have not done anything about it especially it don't cost that much more for other companies to offer a magic solution.

wolfgang, May 23, 2005
  6. Emiliano

analoguekid Planet Rush

Conversly wolfgang, maybe less expensive kit is not revealing enough of the differences, when I get my new rack you can come over for a blind test :)

analoguekid, May 23, 2005
  7. Emiliano

penance Arrogant Cock

Wolfy,
    Some lesser priced kit will appreciate it aswell. I do agree tho', when paying a decent amount it not much to ask for a decent power circuit aswell.

penance, May 23, 2005
  8. Emiliano

badchamp Thermionic Member

Funny you should mention that, I just happen to have a Lynwood Mega (2 outlets) for sale £75 :D

Jeff

badchamp, May 23, 2005
  9. Emiliano

badchamp Thermionic Member

Funny you should mention that! I just happen to have a Lynwood Mega (2 socket) for sale - £75 :D

badchamp, May 23, 2005
  10. Emiliano

zanash

Go for the Lynwood advanced from badcamp.....[not the mega as that has three outlets]
    don't tell badcamp that you can trade them back to lynwood for an up grade at the old new price !!!! So its a really good bargin.

Oh yes I run the Mega.......makes a huge difference to enjoment factor ie the music becomes more relaxed and natural...especialy if you live close to sources of mains bourne RFI EMI.

zanash, May 24, 2005
Ask a Question