Objectivism vs Subjectivism

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 3DSonics, Dec 28, 2004.

1. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Folks,

Again and again we have these slagging matches between the self proclaimed Objectivists (who are really under the spell of the aneristic delusion - namely that everything can be ordered, catalogued and quantified and worse, that all that matters already is ordered, catalogued and quantified) and self proclaimed Subjectivists (who are really under the spell of the eristic delusion - namely that nothing can be ordered, catalogued and quantified).

Sadly sometimes the objectivists even attempt to pass themselves off as sceptics (which amuse the hell out of Hume).

Here is the real deal.

Objectivists are WRONG.
    Subjectivists are WRONG.
    Real Sceptics are never wrong but never right either.
    Real Believers cannot be either right or wrong.

Only the illuminated appreciate that when the Demon Thesis meets the Demon Anti-Thesis either anihilation or Syn-Thesis must result. So, beat the rush.

Join the groing Ranks of Belietic SOBjectivists.

Advantages are plentifull, including that you can be a real SOB to almost everyone else, as you know them to be all off the ballpark in certain areas.

[​IMG]

The Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria invite YOU to join
    The World's Oldest and Most Successful Conspiracy

Have you ever secretly wondered why The Great Pyramid has five sides (counting the bottom)?

Is there an esoteric allegory concealed in the apparently innocent legend of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs?

What is the true secret sinister reality lying behind the ancient Aztec Legend of Quetzlcoatl?

Why do scholarly anthropologists turn pale with terror at the very mention of the forbidden name Yog-Sothoth?

Who is the man in Zurich that some swear is Lee Harvey Oswald?

What really did happen to Ambrose Bierce?

If your I.Q. is over 150, and you have $3,125.00 (plus handling), you might be eligible for a trial membership in the A.I.S.B. If you think you qualify, put the money in a cigar box and bury it in your backyard. One of our Underground Agents will contact you shortly.

TELL NO ONE! ACCIDENTS HAVE A STRANGE WAY OF HAPPENING TO PEOPLE WHO TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT THE BAVARIAN ILLUMINATI.

Ciao T

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
    3DSonics, Dec 28, 2004
  2. 3DSonics

julian2002 Muper Soderator

isn;t yog-sothoth the one that looks like bugs bunny?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 28, 2004
  3. 3DSonics

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

I joined last year. Best upgrade I ever made.

7_V, Dec 28, 2004
  4. 3DSonics

Paul Ranson

Ewige blumenkraft!

Paul

Paul Ranson, Dec 28, 2004
  5. 3DSonics

BerylliumDust WATCH OUT!!!

The objectivism vs subjectivism debate only takes place because our traditional measurements are NOT OBJECTIVE as far as sound quality is concerned; or at the very least the targeted (traditional) measured performence is VERY far from what is actually desirable.

Everyone without exception (unless deaf) can recognize when reproduced sound is accurate or not (it's in the human nature). The problem is that the vast majority of us never have heard an accurate sound system and those who claim they did are almost always referring to systems with poor measured performance by traditional standards.

Since we are all humans the problem only can lay either on what can be built by ear or on the measurements we take to build what cannot.

And I'm only referring to it as a problem because WE ARE STILL NOT SATISFIED ENOUGH, otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about equipment, we would probably be discussing the musicians performances, their different music styles and interpretations... we would be left only with the MUSIC.

BerylliumDust, Dec 29, 2004
  6. 3DSonics

michaelab desafinado

Oh for heaven's sake BD, Thorsten was trying to defuse the whole thing with a lighthearted look at the whole issue and you've gone and taken it seriously :rolleyes:

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 29, 2004
  7. 3DSonics

BerylliumDust WATCH OUT!!!

Michael,

You are right, I'm sorry! To be honest I didn't even bother to read 3DSonics' post...

It was the thread title that called my attention and made me wondering why oedipus, 3DSonics and me, we are all wrong but not completely...

To be continued on another thread then...

BerylliumDust, Dec 29, 2004
Ask a Question