Okki Nokki, Where in UK?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Morb666, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Morb666

Morb666

Hi guys,

Very tempted in buying the Okki Nokki cleaning machine, seen it mentioned on a few websites at a price of £175. Can anyone recommend a good uk supplier of these? I am using a Disco antistat at the moment and it's very good..is the upgrade going to be worth it? I have around 1000 LP's nearly all of them second hand and in various conditions. Just got back into my vinyl again after a 15 year gap by purchasing a Michell Tecnodec (I'm also looking at getting a Graham Slee pre-amp).

Cheers,
    Morbius

http://www.synthpunkdiscopanzer.co.uk

Morb666, Jan 11, 2006
  2. Morb666

penance Arrogant Cock

WWW.audiophilecandy.com
    I think a bit cheaper than 175 aswell.

I use one and it works fine, a bit rattly but much cheaper than the alternatives.

penance, Jan 11, 2006
  3. Morb666

Morb666

Hi,

They do indeed have it at Audiophilecandy.com, however it's £225. If you already have one can you confirm whether the vacuum is built in or do you need to attach a vacuum cleaner to it?

Thanks,
    Morb666

Morb666, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Morb666

penance Arrogant Cock

£225, bleedin hell that has shot up in price!

Yes, vacume is built in to the unit.

penance, Jan 11, 2006
  5. Morb666

Sid and Coke

I bought one, after having a KAB EV-1 for a couple of years or so. I think that it cleans better than the EV-1 as it cleans the entire playing area of each record, i found that the EV-1 used to leave the run in groove a little wet. The semi automatuic nature of the machine amkes it extremely easy to use. It does sound a little rattly and the vacuum is noisy , but no more noisey than using my Dyson DC-7 Animal with the EV-1 .

I wrote my own personal review here: S&C Okki Nokki review and took some pictures here:S & C Okki Photo's

Funnily enough I was using mine yesterday morning , my s/h e-bay copy of Dawn of the Dickies ( on Blue Vinyl : ) ) arrived with the post at about 09:15 and 5 minutes later the bright and sparkly , static free record was spinning on my record player....

Hope this helps.

Sid and Coke, Jan 11, 2006
  6. Morb666

Morb666

Great review and it's more or less made me decide to go for one, just have to convince my signifcant other that it's money well spent, that may prove to be a bit tricky considering the layout on the Michell deck!!!!

Thanks again
    Morbius

http://www.synthpunkdiscopanzer.co.uk

Morb666, Jan 12, 2006
Ask a Question