old friends....

Discussion in 'General Music' started by julian2002, Apr 26, 2004.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

hi,
    having had numerous music collections which over the years have been lost whilst moving house / continent / etc or loned to friends but not returned. there have always been a number of cd's which i've owned, lost and then been reluctant to buy again even though they have been big favourites because psycologically i've already bought them - stupid eh?
    one of these was appetite for destruction by guns 'n' roses i had it on tape but that got robbed out of my 1st car then i had it on cd but left that in the usa, yesterday i bought it in mvc for a fiver. i'm listening to it now and have to say that it's a fantastic album, not so much as one dud tune on it - why didn;t they stop after this one rather than commit the atrocity that was use your illusion 1 & 2 on the world?

i was just wondering if anyone else has done this - not bought a record for a while because they owned it before and then kicked themselves for not doing it sooner?

btw. which album is alice in chains man in a box on?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 26, 2004
  2. julian2002

Heavymental

Yeah apetite really is a good album. Mr Brownstone is a real corker. Infact I had this on tape which is long lost and then on CDR which has since degraded and no longer plays....so its off to amazon again. The use your illusion albums were just too rambling and a fair number of duff tracks although Coma and Estranged really are good driving tunes and at a good 10 minutes each will last for a whole journey for those local trips.
    I think Dookie by Green Day may well qualify for me....always see it all over the place for a few quid but never get around to buying it. Theres some real good tunes on there and reminds me off some good days trying to do my a-levels.

Heavymental, Apr 26, 2004
  3. julian2002

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

"Man in the box" is on Facelift - along with "Love hate love" - what a top tune!

GnR's Appetite is great - even better on vinyl as the CD's a bit rough sounding, but a great album on either format. I never got on with the Use your illusions albums as wholes - if they'd trimmed it down to a 1 disc album that would have been better.

Mind you, we then get into that old argument like the "What if the White album was one disc" thing.... :)

domfjbrown, Apr 26, 2004
  4. julian2002

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

So what would go on the perfect "Use Your Illusion" album then? Here's mine:

Dust n Bones
    Estranged
    Live And Let Die
    Civil War
    Coma
    November Rain
    Dead Horse
    Breakdown
    Bad Obsession
    Yesterdays
    So Fine
    Don't Cry (Original)
    You Could Be Mine

ilockyer, Apr 26, 2004
  5. julian2002

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Interesting!!!

I recently got my brother copies of UYI 1&2. They were big fav's when we were kids and were never replaced when lost or lent out.

As a rough guest, I've probably got anything up to 50 cds which have been lent out and not returned for various reasons.

Aphex Twin, who is one of my fav's. I've got about 4 albums of his in other peoples care :rolleyes: I've only got ambient works, classics, and drukqs here at the MOment.

It's true what you say about not replacing them. Not because I don't want to, but because there's so much other music I want to try out too.

One day :rolleyes:

MO!, Apr 26, 2004
  6. julian2002

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi Ju

You already have 'jar of flies/sap' double cd?

If not , thats the Alice in Chains I would start with - Ive got most of their stuff, and I think thats them at their best.

Albums I wont buy again..

1) Elbow - Cast of Thousands .. Someone nicked this from my house and I refuse to buy it again!
    2) Police - Greatest Hits.. I dont like em enough to buy every album, but I miss the greatest hits I used to have.

Chris

bottleneck, Apr 26, 2004
  7. julian2002

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Someone (ex housemate I assume) nicked both Garbage V2.0, and the DVD of "What women want" and I did rebuy them.

Unfortunately, some other person's borrowed my "Best of Motorhead" double CD and I won't rebuy it - yet. I'm going to try to rout out the lazybones who hasn't returned it, if possible :)

domfjbrown, Apr 27, 2004
Ask a Question