Old Pioneer PD-10 Deck Help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by chris.gally, Sep 3, 2004.

1. chris.gally

chris.gally

After reading the vinyl thread and going to Notting Hill carnival where vinyl was everywhere, i've decided to take the plunge and re-start an old addiction... :rolleyes: :D

I'm really after some advice. I think i'm going to pinch my fathers old Direct Drive Pioneer PD-10 with an SME3 arm. Has anyone heard of these? and are they anygood? They are both fron the mid 80's. The player is big and heavy with blue digital speed trim thing.Do you think it would be better replacing the deck with a newer model? or just replace the stylus on it?

If you think pinching the deck is a bit harsh... he sold my old Dual 505-4 deck within 2 weeks of me moving out without so much as an 'is it ok?' :mad:

Many Thanks

Chris.Gally

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
    chris.gally, Sep 3, 2004
  2. chris.gally

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Hi Chris,

Not a bad deck and arm combo at all for a start - if its all working ok probably better than the Dual your Dad ... erm ... disposed of :rolleyes:

However ask him first - two wrongs don't make a right ya know ;)

Uncle Ants, Sep 3, 2004
Ask a Question