Old Time Reggae, Dub,

Discussion in 'General Music' started by nando, Oct 20, 2007.

1. nando

nando nando

Just Recording Amongst My Collection From Vynil, Currently Playing African Dud Chapter 1 ,2 , Onto Cd, Next Will Be The Upsetters, Any One Out There Like Old Time Reggae?
    Nando

nando, Oct 20, 2007
  2. nando

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, I like it...haven't heard a great deal tho, but got some trojan compilations and used to have some lee scratch perry on cassette..!

mr cat, Oct 20, 2007
  3. nando

Stereo Mic

Hi Nando,

Wonderful music - perfect for the harddrive as you can leave it running for a day and still think the same track is playing.

Don't ever sell your reggae vinyl - it's a crime.

Stereo Mic, Oct 21, 2007
  4. nando

hotpipes

Hi, just saw your post, we have loads on cd and vinyl, lee perry, Bunny Wailer, Jackie Mittoo (lots good from him) lots of trojan and studio 1 stuff
    Have 1 classic after years of searching -Satta I by Lizzard
    Would really like to put record some of our vinyl to hard drive, how are you connecting turntable ?
    cheers

hotpipes, Oct 21, 2007
  5. nando

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

70s reggae is great! So is the 60s stuff. The many styles and changes kept thing interesting.

There was an amazing level of output from such a small island.

The good thing is that a number of labels still sell & release plenty of stuff from that period.

Labels like Blood & Fire, Heartbeat and Trojan have loads of stuff.

I've been listening to some Dennis Alcapone and I-Roy recently.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Oct 21, 2007
  6. nando

nando nando

Hi,to answer to HOTPIPES, the way that i transfer the vinyl to cd i use a phono stage through a pre-amp onto a tascam cd recorder so it goes A,A, to D., i have collected reggae since 1968 as i was "perhaps" the first spanish white man to own a sound system , one of my dj's his father use to own PECKINS STUDIO 1 SHOP, and worked for island records, later for greensleaves record and label, when i sold the sound system in 1978, most of the pre-singles went with it, but i retained almost 3000 lp's witch are still in prestige condition,
    regards NANDO.

nando, Oct 22, 2007
  7. nando

cooky1257

Nando you are the man:)Burning Spear and Toots Hibbert fan here, saw Toots and the Maytals live at Hammersmith Odeon a number of years ago-the famous live album recorded pressed and in the shops within 24 hours.Also his last tour with his son and granddaughters in his band-the guy's a god.

cooky1257, Oct 24, 2007
  8. nando

nando nando

wiston rodney," burning spear" i know him well, also black uhuru, ex puma jones, sad she died, but michael rose he i still going strong, look out for his new album,
    regards nando.

nando, Oct 25, 2007
  9. nando

strangesteve

Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey Dub Album

Got Burning Spears Marcus Garvey Dub Album over the weekend and it rocks righteously

Winston Rodney is by far my favourite singer in this genre

Another picked up has to be owned by those who love reggae and dub music in general

Easy All Stars - Dub Side of the Moon. Funtastic

Steve

strangesteve, Nov 7, 2007
  10. nando

nando nando

PHEW... i just managed to get a few more albums on cd, icluding amognst was MIGHTY DIAMONDS " RIGHT TIME" TRADITION IN DUB, ISRAEL VIVRATION , SOME RARE DENNIS BROWN, BIG YOUTH, LOVE IT TO THE MAX.NANDO

nando, Nov 9, 2007
  11. nando

nando nando

Now Playing : I. Roy, And Channel One All Stars " Well Charge" And Burning Spear "live In France"
    Nando.

nando, Nov 9, 2007
  12. nando

soundzandpower BBQ?

Hey Nando my man!

I've also got a huge orig reggae lp collection all mint and dating back to the 60's. I love all the Duke Read and Studio One stuff!

What system are you playing it through?

soundzandpower, Nov 10, 2007
  13. nando

nando nando

System

hi, at present i am using, "don't laugh" T/T :TECHNICS SL 150 MK 2, AUDIO TECHNICA OC10 CART. M.F. KW DM 25 TRANSPORT AND DAC, FATMMAN MOTHERSHIP MONO BLOCKS AND PRE,"VALVES" A5 DAB TUNER, SPEAKERS THEY WERE MADE FOR ME 19 YEARS AGO BY MY FRIENDS AT CASTLE ONLY TWO PAIRS OF THOSE WERE MADE,
    regards nando.

nando, Nov 11, 2007
  14. nando

nando nando

HI GUYS, now back on line recovered from this nasty cold, still that gave me time to still continue my discovery of records i never knew i had, gone back in time, DERRICK HARRIOT, PIONEERS, ALTON ELLIS, BOB ANDY, ERROL DUNKLEY, ETHIOPIANS, AND NOW JACKIE EDWARDS, JACKIE MITTOO, DON DRUMOND, SO YOU CAN SEE THAT HAVING A COLD IS GOOD FOR MUSIC, regards nando.

nando, Nov 15, 2007
  15. nando

nando nando

hi i am having some great times recording all this memoryllia of reggae on to cd,now doing big youth "reggae phenomenon" a great version of tom jones "is not unusual" and dennis alcapone, also well charge cannel one dub classics, there is one i am trying to find is eric donaldson "blue boot" sadly i can't,
    i roy made a version called festival wise,
    nando

nando, Nov 20, 2007
  16. nando

soundzandpower BBQ?

Blue Boot is on the orig Trojan Club Reggae Vol. 4 :MILD:

soundzandpower, Nov 22, 2007
Ask a Question