One of them night mare HIFI days

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Aug 31, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I started tidying my room today since I got my new TV and this started by hiding 2 huge distrubtion blocks out of site and to move my video recorder onto my HIFI rack.

All started well until I tried to move my VCR and the mains lead got caught in the speaker wire and the speaker came crashing down to the fall.

My speaker now has loads of chips all over the casing which is annoying, but thankfully the drivers survived without any damage. They were pefect though, now so I am so annoyed!

Secondly my amp was switched off and I started connecting my interconnects from the amp to the VCR and I got a large electric shock from the interconnect? How could this happen? It felt like at least 1 amp, this was no static shock, my hand moved away really fast and I ended up banging my hed on my bed as a result of the shock.

I am now going to make the plates for my stands and then hopefully everything will work back to normal about from a damage speaker casing.

amazingtrade, Aug 31, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I know how you feel...

Yesterday my beautiful new pair of meadowlarks arrived, and they sound superb... except that one of the tweeters is distorting... :(

I-S, Aug 31, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I've had electric shocks loads of times off interconnects, even when the equipment is turned off. I know its not static because it builds up gradually but quickly, and its painful and gives you quite a fright (and put me in a bad mood). Digital interconnects were the worst culprits.

My mate helped me make an interconnect yesterday. Worked fine at his. Got it home, one of them didnt work. Turns out it was because the bullet was not quite screwed on tightly. Now I am paranoid about the quality of the connection, although it sounds alright, so I assume its ok.

One of my old Wharfedale Diamonds fell off a 1-meter speaker stand when I was positioning it once, onto my monitor, so I damaged not only the monitor casing but the finish on the speaker.

Hifi can be a frustrating business sometimes.

PBirkett, Aug 31, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

Bill Phabb

:ffrc:

Bill Phabb, Aug 31, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Don't lie paul! its the Toon that are putting you in the bad MOod!

I've never had any shocks off any of my kit.

MO!, Sep 1, 2003
Ask a Question