Onkyo UWL-1 Wireless USB Audio Transport

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by adamdea, Nov 2, 2007.

1. adamdea

adamdea

Has anyone tried one of these? I have just bought one for not very much on ebay.

It promises to stream "uncompressed" music which can be output via optical output to a DAC.

I tried asking the Uk distributor whether it would stream 24 bit files without truncating. The engineer was v helpful and verified that the 24 bit test files from the Linn website would "work", but couldn't tell me, and thought he could not find out, whether the data was truncated to 16 bit.
    I decided to buy it anyway because it's quite cheap and returnable within 7 days.

Does anyone know whether there is any easy way of testing the data output to see if it is indeed 24 bit?. I have been dying to find a way of getting the 24 bit files downloadable from (eg) Linn into my 24 bit DAC.

According to Linn, the hi res files are indistinguishable from the master. Ha ha goodbye format wars. Perhaps I am a little optimistic.

Off now to watch the world end at Covent garden.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
    adamdea, Nov 2, 2007
  2. adamdea

frenchcr

anyone ???

i was thinking of buying one of these later in the week...any reviews ??

frenchcr, Feb 13, 2008
  3. adamdea

Tenson Moderator

The Cambridge Audio 840 CD player has a digital input and it tells you if its 16bit or 24bit. Maybe pop into richer sounds as ask nicely ;)

Tenson, Feb 13, 2008
Ask a Question