Online subscrption services

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by benfelluk, May 17, 2006.

1. benfelluk

benfelluk

Hi. Does anyone else subscribe to an online dvd service? I'm with Blockbuster and I have to say I've started to get a bit irritated with the speed at which they can send out decent titles from my list. I rang to complain and they said that they have customers in a queue waiting to pick up titles and advised to increase the number of films on my list (i.e. put some rubbishy ones down that no one wants and we can send those out) - my response was that they need to buy more DVDs to meet the obvious demand! I joined in the very early days when it started and I had no probs. But I suspect that as more people have joined up there is too much demand for limited titles and, let's face it, everyone wants the new releases.

Any other experiences anyone?

benfelluk, May 17, 2006
  2. benfelluk

robert_cyrus

tried blockbusters (awful) and another whose name escapes me.
    both surpassed imo by amazon dvd rental, £9.95 a month for 6 dvd's, 3 at home at once. been using this service for over a year, no complaints. keep your rental list up to date, shift the order around, emails when dvd's are sent out by amazon, and again when amazon receive them from you. scratched dvd? tell amazon through the website and they send u another one b4 you've returned the damaged one. dvd's tend to come from the top of your "wants" list, and occasionally i've received a brand new dvd just after release date. extras at £1.99 a go, if u need more than 6. very hard for me to fault it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2006
    robert_cyrus, May 17, 2006
  3. benfelluk

Joe

I used to, but gave up after the free trial period. I was still getting charged several months after cancelling my membership. Never again!

Joe, May 17, 2006
Ask a Question