Optical/Coaxial Digital Converters

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Will, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Will

Will The Lucky One

Hello folks, long time no see! Having recently bought a new TV (Samsung UE32B6000) I've got to find a way to connect all my kit up to my SuperDAC, which has 1 coaxial and 1 digital input.

I have a Denon upscaling DVD player (somewhat archaic to the AV heads I realse) connected to the DAC using the coaxial digital input, and my PC connected to the DAC via optical. I'd like to get the TV connected as well as it has an optical audio output.

So I need a device similar to this...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97934

Basically something to take a multitude of different digital signals and allow them to be fed happily into the one optical input on the DAC. Does anyone have experience of any product like this, or the item in question?

The M-audio CO3 would do the trick nicely but more optical inputs would be handy, and I cant seem to find one for sale anywhere :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    Will, Jun 13, 2009
  2. Will

Tenson Moderator

I have the item in question. I needs to be grounded on one of the connections to work right, but it does work well when that's sorted.

Tenson, Jun 13, 2009
Ask a Question