Out with the Bachs, in with the Virgos

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bec143, Mar 9, 2004.

1. bec143

bec143

Hi all,

A quick follow-up to the speaker search I mentioned recently in which I was looking for a replacement for my Vienna Acoustic Bachs in an otherwise all Naim system. After going through all of the pbvious candidates, I found a dark horse that won the day- a mint pair of Audio Physic Virgo I.

Despite some initial doubts about how they would mesh with my moderately powered (50W) Naim system, they are superb. They do all of the timing, taut bass things I like, but add in an unbelievably realistic presentation. I know it's cliche. but very often it is impossible to localize the drivers, even in my suboptimal set-up.

My amp has no trouble driving them to the moderate levels I listen to, and the Naim Cd5/Hicap seems up to the task as well.

So I'm done for now. All that's left is the Audiogon ad- a mint pair of Bachs anyone??

Bruce

bec143, Mar 9, 2004
  2. bec143

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

great speakers the bach, I dont think you'll have problems shifting them :)

I can reccomend them to any ZG'ers looking for a quality inexpensive smallish floorstander with a great sound.

bottleneck, Mar 9, 2004
  3. bec143

badchamp Thermionic Member

Audio Physic speakers deserve to be much wider appreciated (and not just cos I've got a pair of the smaller Sparks to sell :D).

The driver (and indeed speaker) disappearing act is astonishing and for a nominally 4 ohm speaker they're actually a fairly easy to drive (even work with my Audions!)

badchamp, Mar 10, 2004
Ask a Question