Outstanding Supertweeters and a question for speaker tecchies

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by larkrise, Apr 25, 2007.

1. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

I had to reccomend these. I used to have some Townsend Supertweeters which I used with Martin Logans and they worked very well indeed. I sold them when I changed to a pair of wonderful Sonus Faber Extremas, since I have always been curious to see if another pair would extend the Extremas. I picked up an ex-dem pair of JAS Supertweeters - a little known company. Bloody hell! These are I N C R E D I B L E - on every level possible and blow the Townsends out of the water - so if anyone is considerng supertweetering do give these a listen - I N C R E D I B L E I N C R E D I B L E and again I N C R E D I B L E.

I do have a question which the dealer surprisingly couldn't answer. there is a toggle switch on the back which switches between 12 hz and 16hz - I'm totally untechnical what is this supposed to do in terms of listening-?

To those that have e mailed me about what TVC I am using I'll post about this soon - perhaps this evening. It's the best TVC I've heard to date and keeping it. I do believe almost there. . . . .

larkrise, Apr 25, 2007
  2. larkrise

zanash

its likely to be the cut off point ie it works either above 12k or 16k [assuming that you missed the k] if not I've no idea !

still no sign of the blades ...but will keep you posted !

zanash, Apr 25, 2007
  3. larkrise

la toilette Downright stupid

I'd also guess that the switch selects which frequency at which you want them to kick in - the Tannoy ones have 14-16-18khz options.

la toilette, Apr 25, 2007
  4. larkrise

Yep - I missed off the K - aren't varifocals marvellous things? Thanks for advice and for the update on the shaving equipment from Zanash.

larkrise, Apr 25, 2007
  5. larkrise

melorib Lowrider

Have you tried Tannoy ?

I like mine very much, xover at 18Khz, perfect integration...

It is unbelievable the difference they make with my single driver speakers, then I stick my ears close, and all I hear is a tinny shhhhhhhhh... :rolleyes:

melorib, Apr 25, 2007
  6. larkrise

Haven't tried Tannoys - was nearly going to then spoke to a chap who claimed to have tried almost every supertweeter on earth and said go for these - as they were ex-dem I thought I'd just sell on if they didn't deliver. They REALLY deliver - experimenting re settings at present.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
    larkrise, Apr 25, 2007
  7. larkrise

melorib Lowrider

I also got mine used, on ebay, the seller said they have the ST100 drivers, even sent me some kind of proof...

melorib, Apr 26, 2007
  8. larkrise

anubisgrau

how much they are usually s/h?

i think i'll need some of these with my ATCs, the only question is how do you power them when matching with active speakers, if this possible at all.

(i do have a T-amp in a cupboard;).

anubisgrau, Apr 26, 2007
  9. larkrise

melorib Lowrider

I paid 400 GBP, but they where supposedly never used, and had SP100 drivers, the guy had 3 pairs...

melorib, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question