Paging Isaac re Meadowlark

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by liamjf, Jan 4, 2005.

1. liamjf

liamjf

Hello Isaac (or anyone else who might be able to help!) I am in the middle of integrating my new Storm III in to my set up and am trying to set the roll off frequency. Any idea how low the Kestrels go to give me a starting point? Tried the Meadowlark website but no info there :mad: . Also does anyone have a SPL meter I could borrow :D

Thanks, Liam.

liamjf, Jan 4, 2005
  2. liamjf

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

The meadowlark site reckons 38Hz -2dB, but in-room you might well find that it will crack 30Hz or perhaps even less. With any full-range floor stander of reasonably prodigious bass output (which I think the kestrel is) I would start off by setting the roll-off as low as possible.

With an appropriate microphone surely the AVR32 can do the measurements you need as it offers a room EQ functionality?

I-S, Jan 4, 2005
  3. liamjf

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Intergration issue here maybe

wadia-miester, Jan 4, 2005
  4. liamjf

liamjf

Thanks Isaac, didn't realise it was that low! No room measurements etc. - only available with the AVR192 and (I think) the Dual Processor AV32R.
    Any tips for integration then WM?

ATB Liam.

liamjf, Jan 4, 2005
  5. liamjf

ListeningEar

Yes, I would question a number of issues here; is the users room so large they actually need the REL, or is the room sucking out all the bass (I did come across a customer in the USA whose room sucked out most of the bass from his Von Schweikert VR-6's. Special matching subs were designed to get over this problem but this was highly unusual given the room dimensions etc.).

Questions, questions,...!hehehe

ListeningEar, Jan 4, 2005
Ask a Question