palmer audio turntable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by peez, Oct 20, 2008.

1. peez

peez

peez, Oct 20, 2008
  2. peez

Tenson Moderator

If the platter wasn't so... fat, it would look a lot nicer IMO.

I do like slate though, I have my CDP sitting on a slab. Only 'cos it looks nice!

Tenson, Oct 20, 2008
  3. peez

Dick Bowman

Which brings up the question yet again, why is the audio business so coy about prices?

If I compare with a similar boys-toys business (photography and/or cameras) it's the simplest matter to look at maufacturer/dealer websites/advertising and see what something will cost me.

As compared to the "come into my boutique and we'll discuss whether I'm prepared to let you buy one" mentality that I think is part of the reason for the rot of the hifi business.

That combined with prices that (when you do find them) bear little relationship to the world of reality.

Somebody please post what this thing costs.

Dick Bowman, Oct 21, 2008
  4. peez

Dik Dolan

Dik Dolan, Oct 21, 2008
  5. peez

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

I am familiar with the Palmer Audio turntable, and a very nice bit of equipment it is. I heard it at the heathrow show and it surprised me by sounding so good (many of the rooms did not sound very good after all). In addition, I have spoken to and been in e-mail contact with the designer - a very nice chap with clear ideas and a commitment to both build and sound quality.

YNMOAN, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question