Panic over.........

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanash

DarrenW

When you have competitions at conferences and events it is very tempting not to bother picking a winner at all! last one I did we rang a guy who had won a crate of wine and the bugger was so ungrateful and rude we wished we hadn't bothered

Nothing to do with this thread though

Darren

DarrenW, Sep 30, 2006
  2. zanash

Dev Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to clarify things.

Dev, Sep 30, 2006
  3. zanash

zygote23

Oh Emmm Geeee!
    You mean you didn't check all the entries prior to making the draw!!

zygote23, Sep 30, 2006
  4. zanash

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Still, a bit tight though, haha.

garyi, Sep 30, 2006
  5. zanash

Baudrillard

I don't think you can argue with that verdict, actually. Seems correct to me. Thanks for the explanation.

Baudrillard, Sep 30, 2006
  6. zanash

Tenson Moderator

I think the reason for multiple entries is that towards the end of the day one of the people handing them out said 'take two or three if you want, more chance of winning!'.

Obviously no-one can be blamed for that but it explains, I suspect, why Pete did it. I don't think he was trying to cheat!

Tenson, Sep 30, 2006
  7. zanash

Baudrillard

No one, except perhaps the person saying take 2 or 3.

Baudrillard, Sep 30, 2006
  8. zanash

zanash

Audio A insisted to me that absolutely no one was handed more than one entry... well we can now see how that sits!

I wonder just how many other people didn't recieve multiple entries from the family team dressed in black t shirts, you remember the middle aged lady with big blonde hair and the chubby youth .... in and around the mac rooms

I failed to read the small print.....my fault ...period

What is a sad reflection on the organisers that they had to announce the winner before they had bothered to checked that I'd complied with the small print.....I would have been no the wiser !

I accepted I had not read the small print or therefore complied with the rules ......but when your being handed two and three entries at a time with the words "it doesn't matter ..you have more chance of winning " even after you have said you've already entered.

I repeat for all the failings of the organisers ...I was the one who made the error in failing to read the competion rules and thus invalidating the entry. Though it looks like there maybe other issues that the organisers need to sort out amongst themselves ie the problem of handing out two and three entries per person....or was that a deliberate ploy ?

Please note that I had deliberately not given the precise reason ...as I was offering some protection to the organisers over what I had assumed was a private phone call ..I see I have now no reason to continue with this.

zanash, Oct 1, 2006
  9. zanash

mr cat Member of the month

seems like a fix on the organisers behalf if you ask me...

mr cat, Oct 1, 2006
  10. zanash

Dik Dolan

Seems more like a left hand-right hand cockup to me..

Dik Dolan, Oct 1, 2006
  11. zanash

Tenson Moderator

Pete, do I take it this is what was said to you?

I wouldn't say it was anyone’s fault really, I would not expect the person given a pile of leaflets to hand out to be reading the small print on them all. It is really for the person entering to read.

Tenson, Oct 1, 2006
  12. zanash

DavidF

DavidF, Oct 1, 2006
  13. zanash

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Makes no difference what someone said, the whole point of small print is so companies can get out of things.

garyi, Oct 1, 2006
  14. zanash

A AUdio

Let's conclude

Dear All, Yesterday I made a polite statement and apologised publicly for the mix up, a number of you have been forthright in making courteous replies (thank you) but others still continue to make defamatory remarks based upon hearsay, so here are the facts:

No one was told to make multiple entries (and would have been told not to had they been seen doing so)

The very simple rules where not in small print but block capitals with a space between each line, the same type size as all the other text and in blue ink. (exactly as my previous post, this is a cut and paste from the word doc)

However unfair you may think that the rules being upheld is, let me put it this way: what about the 300+ other entrants who would have been let down by us not upholding the rules?

Enough said

A AUdio, Oct 2, 2006
  15. zanash

Dev Moderator

Hey, I'm only upset because I didn't win. Something you can put right this time:D.

I agree, enough said on this topic. Let's hope this is the end of it.

Dev, Oct 2, 2006
  16. zanash

zanash

I’ve backed up AudioA at every stage there decision was right. What can’t now be right is the threatening phone call I received this morning left on my answering machine [of which a copy has been made] I don’t appreciate this and any more will be dealt with in the most severe manner and then passed to the appropriate authority to be deal with. The person knows who she is and so do I .....

zanash, Oct 2, 2006
  17. zanash

mr cat Member of the month

I would just let it lie I think - put it down to bad experience..?

mr cat, Oct 2, 2006
  18. zanash

DavidF

Doesn't sound very good, pete.

DavidF, Oct 2, 2006
  19. zanash

zanash

Madder than a mad thing !

zanash, Oct 2, 2006
  20. zanash

zanash

Someone is spoiling what little....good will I have towards these people..Quote

"from the middle aged woman , do you have a 10 year old son??? would you like him spoken about ,as you have on an open forum ,i guess not, no reasonable man would speak of a child in this manner,you should be ashamed of yourself.My son read your comment can you imagine how he feels??Obviously not."

recieved via pm from A AUdio

I can only think this is a refference the rotundness of the juvinile... otherwise I'm at a complete loss

Anyone who has meet me will realise that this cannot possibly be seen as an insult as I am rather porky myself and was a chubby youth in my day and a rotund juvinile to boot. The terms were purely descriptive, I can't be held responsible for any self image problems within your family.

I consider this matter now closed .....

zanash, Oct 4, 2006
Ask a Question