Parasound HCA-1000A (pair of rare THX power amps)

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by shrink, Apr 22, 2004.

1. shrink

shrink

SEE PRICE DROP AT FOOT OF THREAD. ONLY ASKING £600 ono for the pair. or £300 each

I have for sale a pair of immaculate and hard to find power amps from american high end company parasound.

These particular models were designed by legend John Curl and i will include with the amps an interview with the man himself about the design and qualities of these amps.

Each unit has a conservatively rated 125 watts into 2 channel @8 ohms. But the measurements for these amps always show that this figure is nearer 150 watts.

They will drive right down to a 2ohm load and can happily be monoblocked into 400 watt amps.

They are THX rated and have great flexibility for inclusion into a cinema setup but i prefer them for their incredibly detailed and transparent musicality. They have stunning depth and power and can handle gentle acoustic peices in the same way as full blown dance music. These things redefined the way i think about BASS.

Both have all original boxes which are untouched and in mint condition. They also have original manuals and parasounds uprated mains cables that came with the amps. They recommend these cables as the best match for the amps.

There is not one mark on these units and they are cosmetically and operationally perfect in every way.

a good used exmple (if you could find it) would set you back £400. Im only asking £350 each and if you wish to buy both i may lower this price slightly.

You wont find a better or more flexible power amp for that kind of money.

postage will be £10 per unit

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2004
    shrink, Apr 22, 2004
  2. shrink

shrink

units still available. WIlling to accept £340 each for quick sale.

shrink, Apr 24, 2004
  3. shrink

shrink

also including a pair of QED qunex 2 interconnects with each amp. These are worh £20 each

shrink, Apr 29, 2004
  4. shrink

shrink

price drop

now dropping price drastically and i am willing to let these go with the free cables for only £600 the pair or £300 each.

This price is a steal and im only dropping it as i need to sell these to raise cash fairly quickly.

shrink, May 9, 2004
Ask a Question