Perpetual Technology P-1A, P-3A Sig2 and Monolithic PSU

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by JANDL100, Apr 23, 2009.

1. JANDL100

JANDL100

For Sale:

- Perpetual Technology P-1A upsampler,
    - P-3A DAC with Modwright Signature 2 mods (PerpTech authorised)
    - Monolithic P3b PSU.

A few marks/scuffs but overall excellent condition. All boxes, packing, instructions (P-1A instructions are a slightly poor photocopy - but setup instructions are available online). I2S cable, footers, original PSUs, mains cable - also included.

Loads of great reviews online and in Stereophile.

The Monolithic PSU is a great upgrade for the upsampler & DAC and is no longer available new.

£750 UK delivered or may p/ex or swap for anything hifi!

____

Stereo Times REVIEW of the Signature mod to the P-3A DAC.
    "The stock P-3A is without question the best buy in digital audio today. Numerous others have likened it, when used in conjunction with the Monolithic P3 power supply, to the $6000 Mark Levinson No. 39 player and/or the $7000 Mark Levinson No. 360S processor! That is some pretty heady competition! The ModWright Signature unit takes it to an entirely new level, one you won’t get anywhere near unless you are prepared to spend easily ten times as much."

Dagago REVIEW
    "Audiophiles are lucky in that they only have to spend a fraction of what it took just a few years back to attain state-of-the-art performance in CD playback. Except for the ultimate designs, the P1A+P3A in its current state will easily outperform most digital front ends."

Stereophile REVIEW
    "As a standalone D/A processor, the P-3A (with Monolithic Sound's P3 power supply) is competitive with some of the best processors in its price range. Combined with the P-1A, it reaches a level of digital replay that must have manufacturers of multi-kilobuck digital processors hoping that not too many customers find out about it."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    JANDL100, Apr 23, 2009
  2. JANDL100

SMEagol Because we wants it...

I'd sell my granny cash on delivery for this. :D

SMEagol, Apr 23, 2009
  3. JANDL100

Tim F

I've owned your granny before, she didn't offer much improvement to my hifi.

Tim F, Apr 23, 2009
  4. JANDL100

JANDL100

Thanks SMEagol, but given Tim F's unenthusiastic review of your granny, I'll give the deal a miss this time round. :) Thanks anyway!

JANDL100, Apr 23, 2009
Ask a Question