Perreaux E160i Integrated amp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by unclepuncle, Oct 2, 2006.

1. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

This was sold on ebay on Sunday night but the auction was won by the same idiot who won my Revel M22 speakers and so it is now back up for sale on ebay. He did at least send me £100 so that I didn't start an ebay dispute so after fee's I made about £60.

Fantastic 160w high end integrated in black, Double boxed as new with manual and remote. Fabulous sound quality, smooth and dynamic with real grip and drive, excellent bass and totally non-fatiguing. Original UK rrp was over £2000. You'll get this for much the same price as a bottom of the range Cyrus, MF, Arcam etc - it's a no brainer (unless you don't have a brain!):D

[​IMG]

Auction ends Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
    unclepuncle, Oct 2, 2006
  2. unclepuncle

witters

Are you open to offers on this please? I intended bidiing on Sunday but was delayed and didn't make it.

witters, Oct 4, 2006
  3. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Hi - auction ends on Thursday evening on ebay so put your best offer in today. As I keep telling people this is esaily as good as the usual amps that fetch £800-1000 on ebay (MF A308, AVI Integrated etc) but will cost half that.
    Good luck

unclepuncle, Oct 5, 2006
  4. unclepuncle

witters

That's interesting. One of the few reviews available on the net compares it to an Arcam A85, both in price & performance The reviewer says it's swings & roundabouts between the two.

http://www.perreaux.com/files/OnHi-Fi_-_E160i_and_ECD2_(Wes_Philips).pdf

Has he got it tragically wrong then?

I'm tempted to bid but don't like buying without hearing it first. Having said that I don't trust reviewers opinions either. Their ears ain't my ears!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
    witters, Oct 5, 2006
  5. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Having never heard the Arcam amp I would have no idea whatsoever. I had also read that review before I bought the amp, but as I had previously had, and been very impressed with, this amps bigger brother I was quite happy to purchase it on spec.

All I can say is I have owned and heard numerous amps from £300 to £3000 together with associated sources and speakers and I have found the Perreaux amps to be outstanding, especially for the money you can get them for, and would recommend them to anyone. The fact that I bought another Perreaux after I was forced to sell my 200i speaks volumes.

I actually had a conversation about the amp with another zerogain memebr this week and we discussed the fact that unless products have received great reviews in the press it seems people are reluctant to buy or even try them. They use the reviews as a comfort blanket - almost convincing themselves that something sounds good because it has a best buy or 5 star review behind it. But as you say 'reviewers ears aren't your ears, and who knows what goes on to get these reviews in the mags.

Even my Revel speakers seem to be falling into that trap even though they are made by one of the worlds leading high end manufacturers - if there were loads of reviews in the UK press telling poeple they were much better than the similarly priced B&W's they would sell for twice as much. If your prepared to take a chance you can get some amazing bargains.

unclepuncle, Oct 5, 2006
  6. unclepuncle

witters

Yes I agree entirely with that. I do like to audition equipment before buying if possible though.

witters, Oct 5, 2006
  7. unclepuncle

MG_CAR

Perreaux amp

Hi hope you made it in time to win the amp.:duck:

MG_CAR, Oct 5, 2006
  8. unclepuncle

witters

Nah - it's too risky without hearing it first.

witters, Oct 6, 2006
Ask a Question