Personal Ethics

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Richard Dunn, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Your freedom to have that view mine to disagree. If you think I am "troll", then follow the best advice "don't feed the trolls". You don't post about it and I have no motivation to reply.

Richard

Richard Dunn, Nov 25, 2006
  2. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Phew! at last an on topic post.

I love all your suggestions, because of all the dissing of my motives perhaps you should run it, or perhaps a benign partnership :D

Richard

3. Richard Dunn

mick parry stroppy old git

Richard

Agreed, so we can both shut up.

Everyone else will be pleased.

A true win win situation.

Time to lock this tacky little thread.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Nov 25, 2006
  4. Richard Dunn

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

You got banned because you were unlikely to buy the forum owners products ... seriously? Wow. I've always wanted to be banned from a forum. I take it the Mana forum is no more. A shame as it sounds like the place to start ... maybe I should try the Naim forum instead.

Uncle Ants, Nov 25, 2006
  5. Richard Dunn

Arrowhead

Hello, perhaps someone could start a new forum. Only people that had been banned from other forums could join.

The first person to get the bums rush from said forum, would then be entitled to call themselves: The Leader of The Banned. :D

Graham.

Arrowhead, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Ha!!! want the last word do you :D :D :D

Richard

7. Richard Dunn

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Before Richard is allowed to wash himself whiter than white I suggest people take some time to understand his parasitic ‘review chain’ viral marketing scheme:

Richard, as an established amp designer and businessman, starts a thread on several forums suggesting that the enthusiasts of those forums carry out reviews of products they have built. His products were to be included amongst the amateur fair and then reviews will be published by those who have heard the products in question. This means that he leaches free advertising from the forums in question, gets his equipment evaluated in people’s homes (where I’m sure it will be available for sale) and positions it so it is is auditioned against amateur fair. It is IMHO a very clever scam indeed and it took me quite a while to figure out. The fact he has then the bare faced audacity to question my ethics after trying to pull this off on two forums completely beggers belief.

A freeloader of the highest order. I used to have a lot of respect for NVA products, this is a thing of the past.

Tony.

TonyL, Nov 25, 2006
  8. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Posted by Marcus

"Zerogain - a much smaller board"

Human nature, there is nothing like fight to draw the crowds (especially men :rolleyes: )

Some just love getting a beer from the fridge and just watching (reading).

Go look at how the membership of ZG has increased over the last 12 hours. If I was commercially motivated I would send them an invoice by PM :rolleyes: :D

Richard

9. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Unadulterated, self serving crap.

Richard

10. Richard Dunn

Mus

More of a suspension than a ban, you've only been sidelined for a 30 days. You'll be back in time to tell us what expensive trinkets you got for Christmas...

Regards,

Mus

Mus, Nov 25, 2006
  11. Richard Dunn

Harry1212

I think a round of chill pills would be a good idea.

Richard, I have a good deal of respect for you, your design philosophy and products (An aquaintance of mine has an old little integrated of yours and it does its job just fine)

Tony runs a very good forum and I perfectly well see where he is coming from too; many people in closely analagous positions to yours have absolutely no problems stumping up a measly 50 quid PA to open up what I guess is a useful commercial platform.

I don't think I'm alone in wishing that a little pride could be swallowed on both sides and the sibilance systems emit when fed a signal containing hissy fits could be engineered out by careful design.

Love and peace to all, Harry.

P.S. I've always thought that Mick is a Prick.

Harry1212, Nov 25, 2006
  12. Richard Dunn

Markus S Trade

Six or so members. Meaning what? That you intend to boost ZG membership by stirring up controversy?

Quick history lesson: this board - then called GrooveHandle - was founded by joel (now a mod over at pfm) as an offshoot of the HFC board (much like HWW more recently). It then changed owners (and name) and was run by Michaelab for a time before the current team took over.

The relations between ZG and pfm couldn't be more friendly. If you think you can get mileage out of playing ZG off against pfm, you are mistaken.

Richard, I'm not trying to be confrontational in this: you've already been banned from HWW IIUYC, you've run into trouble at pfm unnecessarily by starting a rather unwise thread, you now seem to running headlong towards trouble here.

The phrase "the whole world is out of step" comes to mind. It's not a conspiracy. It's just you trying to make everybody else play by your rules.

Markus S, Nov 25, 2006
  13. Richard Dunn

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

And we would send you our bandwith bill by return post. There are no adverts here, there are no subscribtion charges. In fact, ZG makes NO INCOME AT ALL. Outgoings include domain registration, dedicated server costs, bandwith above that included in server package, etc. This is covered out of the goodness of various people's kindness. About 18 months ago we did have a whip-round in order to buy a permanent VB license, which was a one-off cost and was overwhelmingly met by many members here.

And now to my main point.

You apparently don't understand the meaning of the word "stop". Your first thread was closed because YOU, Richard Dunn, chose to bring the argument over from pfm in violation of the aup.

Then after that, you not only restart that original thread, back on topic (generally if a moderator closes a topic, you leave it alone), but then start this one just to continue the argument that you were already explicitly told to drop.

If you continue you may be able to add to your list of forums from which you are banned.

I-S, Nov 25, 2006
Ask a Question