Phono boards for Naim NAC 62

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cyclonebri1, Jan 4, 2006.

1. cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

Hi Guys,
    Would 328/1 adjustable input boards be the ones to go for with a Dyna 10x5 high output cartridge. The standard MM boards are going to be too borderline. I have a chance of these for only a few pounds. :beer:

Bri.

cyclonebri1, Jan 4, 2006
  2. cyclonebri1

Goomer

328 boards were designed for use with the CD players of the day, rather than with a turntable, so I wouldn't expect them to work very well with a high output MC (unless it's very high output). I think the correct ones to use would be 322 boards, although only actually using them would confirm this.

Goomer, Jan 4, 2006
  3. cyclonebri1

lordsummit moderate mod

You would need the MM boards for a high output MC. I can't remember the numbers but if you go and search Pinkfishmedia the answer will be there somewhere. If not pop the question there and I'm sure someone will help you out.

lordsummit, Jan 4, 2006
  4. cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

I know thats the theory, but I'm already close to the limit with the 2 sets of MM boards I already have with the goldring 1042, the input from a homc really would not deliver the volume levels I use. I'm not totally deaf, it's since changing from a Mission 101B set up to the Naim Nac 62, I've hit this problem.
    Bri :rds2:

cyclonebri1, Jan 4, 2006
  5. cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

Yeah, just checked and I'm using 322/4 and have 322/2 also which give similar levels.
    Speakers incidentally have a sensitivity of 88db

Regards,
    Bri.

cyclonebri1, Jan 4, 2006
Ask a Question