phono stage ????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by muffinman, Apr 8, 2004.

1. muffinman

muffinman

is there a product out there that will suit me?
    at the moment i have a creek oh8se phono which gets fed into a cyrus aca7.5 pre amp.

apart from sending the signal to the power amps the pre has no other duties.
    however, without the pre i wouldnt be able to control the volume from my listening position.
    i just think its a bit of a waste, and it can't be doing the signal any favours because by the time it hits the speakers it has passed thru 4 different cables.

does any one know of a decent phono stage or pre that i could get to solve this 'problem'?

my system has no other sources

ta for the info in advance

muffinman, Apr 8, 2004
  2. muffinman

Lt Cdr Data om

either a pre with a phonostage built in or a phono stage with a volume control, try an ear 834p, great:)
    or try active speakers, or an integrated amp

Lt Cdr Data, Apr 8, 2004
  3. muffinman

joel Shaman of Signals

You might also try to listen to the Loricraft Missing Link phono stage. Top value, apparently.

edited to add:
    oops. Probably doesn't meet your requirement, but it is supposed to be an awfully good stage for the cash.

joel, Apr 8, 2004
Ask a Question