Phonostage thoughts

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by monya, Dec 31, 2011.

1. monya

monya

Just got back into vinyl with a Clearaudio Innovation/ Phantom ll / Delos + minimax phonostage which has some hum. All ex/dem.
    The minimax will go so looking for a replacement. Thoughts are Aesthetix Rhea, Tron. Think the 834p is a little too valvey for me. Any ideas for the shortlist?

monya, Dec 31, 2011
  2. monya

RobHolt Moderator

In price order:

Cambridge 640P - the price is no indicator of performance.
    Dynavector P75 - excellent and widely recommended.

I'd also recommend the 834P which is actually pretty neutral and good value used.

RobHolt, Dec 31, 2011
  3. monya

dudywoxer Regaholic

I thought the 640 was OK for the money, could not get on with the dynavector, with either LO or HO moving coils. The best results I got with it where with a Low output DV20 (not a surpeise really then). I would suggest that you look out for a used or ex dem ios. I have had superb results with one with the DV20, Benx Glider and Apheta. Very flexible stage, easily and widely adjustable.

dudywoxer, Jan 2, 2012
  4. monya

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Perhaps contact David Wright his battery phono ,is made pacifically for your cartridge, it is solid state, the quietest and best phono I have had here.
    KR Keith.

Purite Audio, Jan 4, 2012
Ask a Question