Pink triangle turntable up-grade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wolf larson, Jan 15, 2007.

1. wolf larson

wolf larson

Firstly a big hello as this is my first post (and membership to a hi-fi forum, even though if been into 2 channel hi-fi for as long as I can remember).

The catalyst that prompted my to join is the need for advice, turntable advice. I currently have a pink triangle LPT (the earlier one without the acrylic on/off switch) used with a RB300 arm and Grado Gold cartridge. This I play through an Arcam Delta 90.2 integrated amplifier and a pair of recently acquired Rega R3's.

I acquired the LPT last year and love it, so much so I am already thinking of howbetter PT decks may sound in comparison and I am therefore considering upgrading to either to an export, or a PT TOO. Problem is finding anything about them other than pics is proving difficult, so if anyone can give me any advice, information and history such as when each was manufactured and how they compare to each other it would be greatly appreciated!

best regards,
    wolf

wolf larson, Jan 15, 2007
  2. wolf larson

zanash

Can I suggest a better amp will do wonders for the tt you have !!...

or look for there big electronic power supply ..someone must remember what it was ...?

the pt t00 was rated by hifi choice in 1987 "the best we've heard in many areas".....

so you can't go too far wrong!

zanash, Jan 15, 2007
  3. wolf larson

anon_bb Honey Badger

The founder of Pink Triangle - Arthur Khoubeserian has a new start up - thefunkfirm.co.uk. They have a range of new decks plus upgrades for exisitng pink triangle turntables. The Funk V would beat your LPT (I speak as an ex-lpt owner and its a great deck) and probaly a PT too or Export as well. They are also about to introduce some new higher spec decks. Check them out.

anon_bb, Jan 15, 2007
  4. wolf larson

zanash

damn..... yes of course

I even chatted with him at the last heathrow show

zanash, Jan 16, 2007
  5. wolf larson

wolf larson

hi all, thanks for replying and for your comments. I was also at the Bristol show and heard the new funks demo'd by Arthur.

I would love a new amp, however my budget won't stretch to much more than a couple of hundred pounds which isn't much more than the service cost of the Arcam (and probably more than what's it's actually worth. So I'd only get something of a similar standard 2nd hand although I would be happy to hear your recommendations.

Zanash - do you mean PT's big power supply or Arcams? (I presume the former.) the lpt has an internal power supply and speed change and i think the only upgrade I can get to this is the Origin Live one.

wolf larson, Jan 16, 2007
  6. wolf larson

anon_bb Honey Badger

Get a 2nd hand avi integrated for about £300.

anon_bb, Jan 16, 2007
Ask a Question