Pioneer Pl51 (questions)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oceanobsession, Aug 25, 2010.

1. oceanobsession

Richard Dunn

He seems to prefer talking about it with people who don't own them, don't like them, and therefore cannot help him, only hinder him - so he is discussing on PFM.

Richard Dunn, Sep 5, 2010
  2. oceanobsession

oceanobsession

Pioneer Pl 51 (questions)

Hi i have both decks now pl 71 and 51 im using the pl 71 which i think sound great

cheers phil

oceanobsession, Sep 21, 2010
  3. oceanobsession

oceanobsession

Re pioneer pl 51 (questions)

i came to hear about the pl71 from gromit who also posts on pfm, but yes they
    seem to like naim and lp12 but thats there choice. thanks for your help ocean.

oceanobsession, Sep 21, 2010
  4. oceanobsession

lindsayt

Excellent. The AT95e will get you going with you having the nice option of upgrading to a better cartridge at a later date if you so wish - for a cost effective upgrade.

lindsayt, Sep 21, 2010
  5. oceanobsession

RobHolt Moderator

Nice thing about the bayonet SME type shells is that you can swap cartridges quickly and easily enjoy different types.

I love my AT33 for regular use but would love to be able to swap-in a nice Decca to play vintage mono Beatles, or a restored Supex for small scale smokey jazz cub stuff etc.

RobHolt, Sep 22, 2010
  6. oceanobsession

speedy.steve

Got on to this thread late not sure why...
    The Rega R200 is very good - well I have only compared a modded 12" PL-71 arm and a modded 12" R200 arm so can't comment on 9" versions.
    The PL-71 arm has a slightly shorter spindle to pivot distance so not directly interchangeable on a PL-71 deck - not sure what the PL-51 distance is though.

I have a PL-12D bought for the arm socket/connector - it is not worth connecting up in comparison to the PL-71 tbh. Will make a better RCM out of it one day:)

speedy.steve, Sep 22, 2010
  7. oceanobsession

Richard Dunn

This is the problem with the PL51 it has the same arm as the PL12D. The PL12D in my opinion is a dog, but its predecessor the PL12AC is a much better beast.

Richard Dunn, Sep 22, 2010
Ask a Question