pmc ab1

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by banpe2006, Jul 2, 2008.

1. banpe2006

banpe2006

Ive had these for a while now and am very happy indeed. they are a really well rounded speaker and they fill the room with music. Ive looked at the sensitivity and they list these at 89db and 6 ohms nominal. Does this mean they are not easy to drive? im using a croft power, but PMC suggest amps up to 400wpc. Theyre easily handling the croft power and I feel could use more power and be better still, especially at higher volumes.. I dont know how powerful the croft are, and glen croft says he can improve them further, im wondering whether there would be any gain from a more powerful power amp, though I would probably ask Glen to upgrade the croft, rather than change amp...its a croft s4?? Ithink

banpe2006, Jul 2, 2008
  2. banpe2006

anon_bb Honey Badger

Get a second hand bryston 3b-st - should be around £600-800 and will work a treat. I have an active pmc and pmc use bryston crossovers and amps.

anon_bb, Jul 2, 2008
  3. banpe2006

Class A

89db @ 6 ohms is not bad and your amp will see extra 50% power from the 8 ohms rating. ie: 100w @ 8hms = 150w @ 6 ohms but it all comes down to current delivery.
    Cheers

Class A, Jul 2, 2008
Ask a Question