PMC Launches New fact Range of Loudspeakers

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Crustyloafer, May 21, 2009.

1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

In May 1999 PMC launched the legendary FB1 which made consumers and retailers re-evaluate what could be achieved from an elegant floor standing loudspeaker. Ten years on and they are about to cause an even greater stir across the audio world with the launch of the phenomenal fact® series of loudspeakers. The first will be in the form of this model, the fact®·8 floorstander which will be at the vanguard of this new premium range. It made its international debut at this year's High End Show in Munich, Germany, held on the 21st – 24th May 2009.

All technical and aesthetic details have been addressed to for a design that has been two years in the making. The new fact® range will be the jewel in the PMC crown and will no doubt set new standards in high end speaker design.

[​IMG]

Introduction

PMC's vast knowledge of acoustic engineering gained from developing the world's leading professional loudspeakers has been distilled in the fact® range. Only this level of understanding of the creative process, room acoustics and supreme engineering make fact® possible.

With the phenomenal benefits of PMc's ATLâ„¢ technology the fact®·8 floor-standing model produces the commanding power and scale that is capable of filling both medium and larger room with awe-inspiring dynamic sound.

With its compliment of twin fact® bass drivers and ultra high resolution fact® tweeter, they project an all encompassing vivid conic picture than can be experienced by all.

These cutting edge precision drivers are seamlessly integrated with a highly sophisticated 24dB per octave crossover network and, in combination with the ultimately inert ATLâ„¢(Advanced Transmission Line) cabinet, create and entirely natural and refined balance where vocals hang in space and are truly tangible.

Features

Textured fabric meets exotic veneers. Hidden magnets fasten the grille, further enhancing the seamless appearance.

Luxury, hand polished ingot feet with reversible spike or ball tips.

fact® control – take control
    Audiophile grade switches provide fine-tuning, ensuring the perfect sound balance in any room, and with any source combination.

With absolute transparency of audio in mind, the fact® Ag pure silver coated binding post is the solution.

Specifications

Frequency Response: 28Hz – 30kHz

Sensitivity: 88dB 1w 1m

Effective ATLâ„¢
    (Advanced Transmission Line): 3m 9.8ft

Impedance: 8 ohms

Drive Units: LF 2x fact® 140mm/5 ½ “ precision drivers, HF fact® 22mm high res SONOMEXâ„¢ soft dome ferro-fluid cooled

Crossover Freq: 2kHz

Input connectors: 2 pairs 4mm PMC Ag terminals (Bi-wire or Bi-amp)

Dimensions: H: 1030mm + 25mm spikes, W: 155mm + 80mm ingot feet, D: 380mm + 23mm Ag terminal

Weight: 20.0kg 44lbs

Please contact us at The Home Cinema Centre in Edinburgh on 0131 229 9350 for more information on this exciting new range of loudspeakers from PMC.

Crustyloafer, May 21, 2009
  2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

3. Crustyloafer

zygote23

The web site, data sheet and brochure all leave out the most important fact about fact..........Can you guess what it is Nick ;)

I am only teasing but this grinds my gears something terrible.

How much do the chuffing things cost!!

zygote23, May 21, 2009
  4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

First things first, I am not Nick. My name is Chris, or Crustyloafer, and I have been a member on here for quite some time under this username and I have never been known as Nick.

£4600.

5. Crustyloafer

zygote23

Sorry Chris.......I bought a Telly etc from you guys last year and just assumed you were Nick oops ;)

Cheers for the list price. They do look like beauties and I'd love to hear them.

zygote23, May 22, 2009
  6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

I'll let you know we've got them in then.

Crustyloafer, May 22, 2009
Ask a Question